MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Mercedes C292 Prototype...Garage43

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cloud 9 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 01:24:49
Hello,

I would like to share another model that was completed several days ago. "The race car that never was"... First off, some limited, yet valuable information that I found on the the web:

-Stillborn Group C Race Car, but never raced due to Mercedes withdrawing from sportscar racing after a poor 1991 season

-The car was never tested, and an unknown number were built. One example remains in the Sauber Museum

-The last Mercedes Sports Car until launch of the CLK-GTR in '97

To me, the design of this car is absolutely beautiful! So sleek! In my opinion, it looks better than the C9 and high flying CLR. :) Too bad we'll never know its potential on the track.

Pictures...

YOW kit of Japan, but partly based on Provence/Starter as well. Laurent did good. :)

A few close up shots and some of the extra details Laurent added..

Micro rivets..

Machined center lock bolt w/pin and valve stems

Very minor, yet effective details that wont go unnoticed.

A few photo's that I like prior to branding the tires and adding the windshield wiper..

look at that massive spoiler...looks like a flight of stairs!

The Real Car. *Photos belong to the respective owner/owners*

Thanks for looking!

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LaSource Posted - 07/09/2012 : 06:56:25
Laurent did a fantastic job again!

I had the factory build model years ago, but Laurents build is much much better.
Always impressive to see what he achieves out of such kits.
Cloud 9 Posted - 07/08/2012 : 16:43:37
Thanks guys!

Hi Peter,

From some of the (very) few pictures that I have found on the web, it appears that yes, the side plates do have a polished finish to them. However, this car being a prototype and never being officially presented, it leaves us wondering what it would have properly looked like.

On that note, I didnt mind the least bit having it done in matching body color. Carbon fiber is definitely another great alternative. That would have looked sweet!
PeterW Posted - 07/08/2012 : 05:48:45
Nicely done and consistent work from Laurent as always.

One question I have about the wing....did it have silver end plates or CF?...it would have been the perfect touch to have applied CF to the wing [IMHO]...but doesn't take away from the nice and delicate details he added!

250GTE Posted - 07/08/2012 : 03:21:03
That is some special modelcar you have there! Again Laurent delivered to the highest standards. Thanks for show and tell.

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000