MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Le Phoenix 250 GTO question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ferrari4evr1 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 13:42:11
Thought i would ask the experts on this one. Le Phoenix came out with a dark blue Ferrari 250 GTO (62/63) stradale version (K005) many years ago and I was curious as to which serial number this dark blue GTO is made after???
It is not the Brandon Wang car (atleast i dont think it is). The Brandon Wang car is 4219GT but only has 2 side vents. The dark blue GTO that Le Phoenix came out with, has a euro license plate on the nose and has 3 side vents. Any ideas? I thought it might be 3589GT but that has vents on the hood as well as white around the nose (from the pics i have seen of it)...

James
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Trossi Posted - 11/10/2010 : 08:38:51
Besides the rarity, those fantasy models look often very good. For some collectors beauty is ranking higher than historical authenticity.
ferrari4evr1 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 08:24:06
quote:
Originally posted by David

...anyway collectors who pay high prices for those models, actually pay such prices for a rare Le Phoenix, not always for a fully accurate miniature. Do you see what I mean? Real Le Phoenix and AMR freaks want to have everything produced by the make and usually those fancy special series are the rarest around, rarer than the standard issues.

Ahh, i see what you mean. Makes sense now. I kinda wondered about that but i see your point. I can see why some avid collectors of AMR and LP would consider those to purchase...
Thanks for the replies David...

James
David Posted - 11/10/2010 : 07:49:01
...anyway collectors who pay high prices for those models, actually pay such prices for a rare Le Phoenix, not always for a fully accurate miniature. Do you see what I mean? Real Le Phoenix and AMR freaks want to have everything produced by the make and usually those fancy special series are the rarest around, rarer than the standard issues.
David Posted - 11/10/2010 : 07:46:35
Exactly, just like that yellow TR. But there are other exotic liveries. Those years Le Phoenix had to sell as many models as possible, so they used to issue some "Hors Serie" or "Presse" batches with different colours. Of course there are some Horse Serie or Presse models reproducing existing cars.
ferrari4evr1 Posted - 11/10/2010 : 05:42:44
quote:
Originally posted by David

More often than not, Le Phoenix special builts were fantasy versions.

That is sad to hear David. Especially for the high prices these cars command these days. You could be right though. I still can't find any GTO that this car represents. If i pay that much for a model car, it better be as close the the 1:1 as possible...
I noticed that about the LP 1958 Ferrari 250 TR (stradale) Yellow color... I don't think there was any yellow 1958 TR ever made???
1957 (pontoon fender) i believe so but not the 1958 body styling...

James
David Posted - 11/10/2010 : 02:27:28
More often than not, Le Phoenix special builts were fantasy versions.
ferrari4evr1 Posted - 11/09/2010 : 16:44:04
quote:
Originally posted by ferrari4evr1
dark blue Ferrari 250 GTO (62/63) stradale version (K005)

CORRECTION: (K008) not (K005)

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000