MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 250GTO - a storied history

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cpete Posted - 11/11/2010 : 05:02:09
I am not yet much of a historian of Ferrari, but keep learning everyday.
I was looking online trying to find some good pics of 250GTO interior with the blue seats to try to 'fix' an AMR model I had rebuilt before (trying to make it better and more accurate), when I read a few interesting details about Serial #3387 GT.
Thought I would share for those that didn't know the history because it was pretty interesting.

(The part I had heard before)
-1964, February, crashed at Daytona when it broke a front wheel coming of the banking onto the front straight. Body destroyed. New body obtained by Mike Gammino by flying to Italy and buying a body directly from Scaglietti. Also bought a new engine block internal # 2222.

(The part I hadn't heard)
-1990, car stolen by six men from the Savannah area. The mastermind was a Kawasaki motorcycle dealer who faxed various potential buyers on his own fax machine offering the car. Kirk F. White showed up to buy the car with a Cashier’s check for $4,300,000 in hand, was informed it had to be a fake since the real car was with Ron finger, and Kirk passed on the car and started the rumor that a fake was being offered. The F.B.I. picked the car up that afternoon. The thieves were sent to Federal Jail.

Chad
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
christian Posted - 11/11/2010 : 11:58:25
some GTO pics

http://forumducavallino.nuxit.net/Forum-du-Cavallino/forum_3.php?msg=13137&return=1#top
christian Posted - 11/11/2010 : 11:48:59
you should contact Mr Sheehan

he has owned the car and has the pics you are searching for

http://ferraris-online.com/pages/cardetail.php?reqcardir=FE-250GTO-3387
cpete Posted - 11/11/2010 : 11:25:11
Any help would be great on this.
I have seen other models built with the blue on silver interior, but cannot find pics of the actual car.
I like the look of blue on silver more than blue on black, but want to make it closer to accurate this time.
Should it have seat belts?
Is it supposed to be cloth? (I have seen blue leather on actual car)
I always appreciate any feedback

Chad

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000