MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 AMR 250 gt lusso?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chengfan Posted - 03/06/2011 : 02:32:40
There're some versions of 250GT lusso made by AMR.
Which has the best shape? For example the rear of AMRUF 17(A) is way too fat,X ref 448 is far more better.
Is there someone who has both of them can do a comparison,or just give a link
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Trossi Posted - 03/10/2011 : 14:58:53
quote:
Originally posted by F1tommy

BBR did make a 1/43rd kit of the 250 GTL Lusso in several versions. You see them on ebay. It is alot better than the AMR version wich is not 1/43rd anyway(most AMR models are larger than 1/43rd).

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago March 19th 2011

Do you know if the BBR Lusso master is from the pre-computer era or has it been made with the use of it?
F1tommy Posted - 03/10/2011 : 12:38:29
BBR did make a 1/43rd kit of the 250 GTL Lusso in several versions. You see them on ebay. It is alot better than the AMR version wich is not 1/43rd anyway(most AMR models are larger than 1/43rd).

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago March 19th 2011
Trossi Posted - 03/10/2011 : 08:16:05
Good luck Cheng. The Lusso is not extremely rare and shows up on ebay from time to time. The 448 will be a bit cheaper.
chengfan Posted - 03/10/2011 : 04:14:15
quote:
Originally posted by cpete

hey chengfan,
Hope that helps some

Chad

thanks. its very helpful.maybe what i can do is waiting for "her" appearance on Ebay.
cpete Posted - 03/08/2011 : 04:19:58
hey chengfan,
Just in case you didn't alreay know, the quality of the kit of the #17 is better than the #448.

The window pillars on the 448 are molded with the body and are pretty thick. The side windows usually end up being bent in on that kit (you pretty much need to file the inside of the window pillars on that one). The #17 is substantially bigger, and the pictures above dont quite show how much bigger it is in my opinion. The quality is also better with the #17. The shape might have a few issues as stated above, but the wheels, windows, lights and interior are all better in the #17, and of course it will cost you more.

Many have an issue with the scaling of the later AMR's. The #17 falls in that category. I have said before that I have to keep my AMRs seperate because they seem like they are 1/40 scale compared to my Make Up models. Its too distracting for me, so they get a seperate display area. The 448 is closer to bbr size but still a little bigger.
Hope that helps some

Chad
chengfan Posted - 03/07/2011 : 02:31:06
THX jeanpaul! This'll be great help!!
jeanpaul Posted - 03/06/2011 : 22:22:25
On left : Andre Marie Ruf #17
On right : X-Amr #448

chengfan Posted - 03/06/2011 : 20:23:32
quote:
Originally posted by Trossi

Unfortunately it neither exists as a kit nor is it available in white metal, but I dont know what kind of model you are looking for.

I'm looking for kits.Which one's better in your mind among those AMR?
Trossi Posted - 03/06/2011 : 10:54:26
If you look at the shape, in my opinion none of the AMR versions of the 250 GT Lusso captures the shape very well. Even if I am a huge AMR freak, I have to say that by far the best 250 GT Lusso in every aspect is the one by BBR. Unfortunately it neither exists as a kit nor is it available in white metal, but I dont know what kind of model you are looking for.

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000