MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Japan Earthquake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ferrarinut Posted - 03/11/2011 : 15:43:45
Our collector friends in Japan have just suffered a devastating earthquake and subsequent tsunami. I hope everyone is safe and did not suffer any damage to homes and belongings. The devastation in northeast Japan is so tragic. There was no time to prepare, so sad. My heart goes out to the people of Japan.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ferrarinut Posted - 03/14/2011 : 16:23:00
I'm watching live reports from Tokyo now and sirens were going off in Tokyo behind the reporter near the rainbow bridge. He explained it was the early warning system for another earthquake. Meanwhile, just moments earlier another explosion at the Fukushima nuclear plant.
250GTE Posted - 03/14/2011 : 07:43:37
arishi, thank you for this first hand information in this difficult times.
arishi Posted - 03/14/2011 : 05:31:47
let me rephrase what we hear news in Japan, since this is Mike's forum and do not intend to spread rumor any more:

Authority says we might have 40% of possibilities to have more than Magnitute 5 class earthquake next three days. Pls note this possibility and magunitude is lower down from +70% of M7 to +40% of M5 which was annmounced on 13th.

We have rolling balck out in Tokyo area due to limited elecritic supply and are not in the best condistion yet.

Authority may release different anaoucement outside Japan. but this is what is happening here in Tokyo.

best regards,
ferrari4evr1 Posted - 03/13/2011 : 20:10:51
Our hearts and prayers go out to the Japanese people. Our deepest sympathies to those who were lost.....
IchoTolot Posted - 03/13/2011 : 06:16:04
Japanese authorities said today on NHK a new earthquake of magnitude 7 is a high possibility and could hit the Tokyo area.

Wow, that's bad... Hope they're wrong.
arishi Posted - 03/13/2011 : 03:30:12
dear friends,

I have received mail from some of you and I like to express thank you for your kind words. Tokyo is OK so far. Even I have never experieced such an big one in my life. best regards,
ramapao69 Posted - 03/13/2011 : 02:56:08
I want to express all my human solidarity to the Japanese people, I have lived the experience of the devastating earthquake two years ago here in Abruzzo and unfortunately i know what feling and fears your people is living in these moments....here in Italy we all pray for you to be safe as soon as possible.
IchoTolot Posted - 03/13/2011 : 01:24:04
Nobuyuki, glad to hear you are ok. MU team and mr Yow are also fine.
Every country is sending aid to Japan. I fear there will be months if not years of hard rebuilding work ahead. RIP to the poor people who lost their lives. We are all watching the news here and the devastation is so huge it is almost incredible.
GO-figureit Posted - 03/12/2011 : 11:08:23
A disaster on a horrendous scale - realy terrible to watch the awful images of destruction - Sincere thoughts and Prayers with all the people in Japan.
Paul
250GTE Posted - 03/12/2011 : 09:26:00
8.9 on the Richter scale. That was a huge quacke with devastating consequences. I hope everyone on here is ok, but sadly there are many lifes lost. At moments like these any modelcarcollection is insignificant.
flint7 Posted - 03/12/2011 : 05:54:50
Me to, my heart goes out to the people of Japan.

xf80
zimodels Posted - 03/12/2011 : 02:26:58
I will be very glad that Nobuyuki and MU is okay! Terrible what happened in Japan, I see in television many pictures which are terrible. My heart goes out to the people of Japan.
Daniel
moriaan Posted - 03/12/2011 : 01:45:31
Good to hear you are all allright.

Hard to believe what you see on the news.
I live at the beach and know the force of the sea, unbelievable!

Hans
nobur32 Posted - 03/12/2011 : 00:58:22
I emailed to the MU and received the answer. They are fine and there are no damage on their models in their showroom.
Mr. Kamimura is fine, too, according to his blog.

Best regards.
Nobuyuki
the.x.man Posted - 03/11/2011 : 23:58:41
You were one of the people in my mind, Nobuyuki. I am glad to see you are ok. The acquaintance I mentioned earlier is also in Tokyo (I found out), so hopefully he is alright as well.

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000