MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Personal Collections
 Ferrari F40 LeMans Version and Street

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ragazzo Posted - 01/19/2016 : 12:25:41

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gt4me Posted - 01/21/2016 : 11:02:09
Thanks for the detailed responses guys, very helpful.
I think I need to add one to my collection.
Dave G Posted - 01/21/2016 : 08:10:43
The X.man is right regarding both level of detail and issues regarding the Make Up F40's. Body shape of the Make Ups is far better than the ones by BBR, the same goes for details. Headlights of the BBR look bad, the mesh part between the rear lights is actually mesh on the Make Ups. Make Up simply nails the framing of the windshields perfectly! I have not seen both together, but based on photographs I would almost prefer -dare I say it??- Redline F40's, although these are a bit rough and of course not very "artisan", if you know what I mean.

Make Ups have, like the.X.man mentioned, very often issues with windscreens and the rear mesh coming loose. On the race versions the strip fitted below the spoiler often lifts one end. You can almost consider these a general rule, unfortunately.
Edit: I regard this as build quality which could apparently be better but since I estimate far more parts are used on Make Ups compared to BBR models, I do not think this makes Make Ups worse.

I am slightly biased though, since I collect plain red Make Up F40's, of which I currently have 8 - luckily most without obvious issues. Funny enough I have only one yellow GTE version, "cheapest" one I own, but that one is absolutely perfect :) I am still looking for some versions, but finding them proves very difficult, finding one without issues seems near impossible ;)
the.x.man Posted - 01/20/2016 : 15:54:40
It is generally considered that Make Up Co. was the benchmark for curbside 1/43 F40s. Although there is probably not much difference in terms of actual build quality, Make Up's shape and detail leave the BBR F40 for dead. The only problem to watch for is popped out window glass; a lot of Make Up's early F40's (usually their LookSmart Japan collaborations), had an issue with very slight continued shrinkage of the resin body shells, which causes the front and (more often) rear windows to pop a corner out. Reasonably easy to fix if you know what you are doing and have steady hands, but a nuisance none the less...

the.x.man 1:43
Gt4me Posted - 01/20/2016 : 11:42:33
These look very nice, I have seen this one on eBay;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-1-43-Resin-Make-Up-F40-LM-TEST-MONZA-89-Red-EM025-/251703199870?hash=item3a9aae087e:g:c6sAAOSwiCRUh7vO

Is the quality on a par with BBR etc?
Ragazzo Posted - 01/20/2016 : 07:02:42
quote:
Originally posted by Gt4me

Nice, is this by Make Up?

Hello Gt4me,
yes, the blue one is Make up and the black one is an very old Herpa. I think end of 1980 or beginning 1990.
Gt4me Posted - 01/20/2016 : 06:17:15
Nice, is this by Make Up?

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000