MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Personal Collections
 My Silberpfeil display - the Silver Arrows

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stewil Posted - 11/11/2010 : 20:48:51
OK - I'll reconstruct my post.

Display was updated on 11/9/10
Added were a 1939 Mercedes-Benz 3000cc Rekordwagen at the left front base and a 2004 McLaren Mercedes MP4-19, D. Coulthard F1 seen at the right rear base. Note the associated books below the display.

and here is a closer view of the Omicron built Rekordwagon that I feel so fortunate to have obtained recently from Mike as I was unaware that it had ever been modeled.
This car, built on a W154 Grand Prix chassis, Rudolf Caracciola set the kilo and mile standing start Class D International records on the "autobahn" near Dessau in 1939. Standing start records: 110.30 MPH for the kilometer
record & 127.12 MPH for the mile, Rudolf Caracciola driving in Feb, 1939. Cooling provided by ice tank, nose air intake only fed the carbs.

The original post
My Silberpfeil display spirals through time and it finally has a display case to cover it.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.

There it is between the chairs. Posters and pictures all pertain to the display.

Some close ups. Every car has this type of information.

The nose of the car to the right is an unbuilt kit of the Mercedes that set the record earlier on that fateful day.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stewil Posted - 11/13/2010 : 09:48:13
James,
I posted some aero coupes on the 1/43ed forum that you might like seeing.
Will try and do a nice set of the Trossi next week since I can get to it.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve
ferrari4evr1 Posted - 11/12/2010 : 06:54:59
Steve, Love the silver arrows and the display!!
You should also post some pictures (in a seperate thread) of your beautiful Heco Delage D8-120 aero....
Oh! and your CMC Mercedes 710 Trossi. I have never seen that one before with the exception of Heco minitaures version in 1:43 scale...

James

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000