MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Personal Collections
 Most of my Ferrari collection

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mazmatt Posted - 08/19/2011 : 19:00:23

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cloud 9 Posted - 05/21/2013 : 00:01:15
Thank you for the info, Matt...Very nice and rare! :)
Mazmatt Posted - 05/20/2013 : 23:57:03
quote:
Originally posted by Cloud 9

Hi there! That White F50 w/ black wheels...is that produced by Makeup? If so, may I ask you where you purchased it?

Thanks, Matt!

Hi Cloud 9 It is actually a BBR model. I am a big fan of Makeup generally but thought the nose on the F50s was a little long. I think I purchased this particular model from Miniwerks
Cloud 9 Posted - 05/20/2013 : 10:43:20
Hi there! That White F50 w/ black wheels...is that produced by Makeup? If so, may I ask you where you purchased it?

Thanks, Matt!
moriaan Posted - 05/20/2013 : 07:23:22
thanks for the compliment, your collection is fantastic, I don't have the space, otherwise I would have used your "wall" as inspiration.

HANS
Mazmatt Posted - 05/14/2013 : 06:05:42
Hi, thanks for all your kind comments, it really means a lot. We are all drawn here by our common passion and it is just fantastic to see everyone's collections and different philosophies.

Zolomod, you are spot on. I have concentrated on the Ferrari concepts and road cars only for the display. My collection started out pretty humbly with Bang, Best and Jolly models etc but when I purchased my first BBR (and with it an enormous leap in quality) I couldn't get enough and developed a vision to build the most complete and highest quality private collection I could. I have run out of room to display them all but even so the collection is not complete although I am now satisfied with how it is! I understand that race cars is why Ferrari existed and the road cars were there merely to fund this area but for whatever reason I just don't have that much of an interest in race cars - sacrilege I know.

Re dust and damage, you are right that the nature of the display makes this a possibility. While the collection is not immune from dust as it is open on one side, it is nevertheless pretty well protected - ideally, they would be fully sealed but for me the advantages of the display outweigh the disadvantages.

I too have many other makes such as Lambo, Maserati, Iso, Porsche, Alfa but they are all packed away. One day I hope to get more room and display them all. That's the nice thing about collecting - it can be infinite!

Polman, the lighting is generated by mini fluorescent tubes that are spaced out evenly behind the display. I rarely switch them on as while it looks spectacular, it is a tiny bit bright and I have no dimmer switch.

Roman, the cost of the showcase (which consists of 3 individual perspex pieces) was around US$3000 from memory.

Smirfic. LOL!!! I feel a bit embarrassed for sure, and especially given my all black collection is not that impressive as I only have 8 of them, but I like them because they are all black including the wheels and thus have a funky silhouette look. Ok. Will get around to taking some pics but I hope they won't disappoint.

Hans, it was just the other day that I was admiring your incredible collection because someone had renewed the thread. Bravo!!
zolomod Posted - 05/04/2013 : 02:59:52
Hello Matt, I looked pictures of your collection, and I think you're a man with a very strong will. If I understand correctly, the idea of #8203;#8203;your collection - it's road cars and concepts. In this case, you are completely ignoring race cars with covered wheels, none of the models has a board number. This suggests that you are able to collect almost complete collection of such models, it is almost impossible if collecting racing cars.
The collection looks great, as for the beauty you have decided to admit the possibility of dust on the model. Another drawback of this store - it is a danger to drop or break the model or leave fingerprints when you take her to admire. Therefore it is better not to touch anything and always see only one side of the model.
Each of collectors has its own idea of #8203;#8203;the collection and for example, I can not give up the Lambo models or Iso. I gave up on models of open-wheel Formula 1, from the various racing versions of the same model. Unfortunately, it is impossible to collect all! So I concentrated on models of Ferrari and Lamborghini, Maserati, Iso, some most beatiful Alfa Romeo.
Sorry for my bad English.
p_polman Posted - 04/29/2013 : 07:29:32
Hello Matt,
Very nice collection and cabinet indeed.
What kind of backlight did you use in the cabinet?
That light is so soft and diffuse.........just perfect!
Compliments and regards,
Polman
smerfik24 Posted - 04/28/2013 : 13:00:25
It's good to see that somebody also reminded this topic, but I believe I would have a chance to see the black Ferrari collection soon :) only 2 years passed, so the delay is acceptable :) :)
moriaan Posted - 04/28/2013 : 07:51:53
as stated in the thread, its designed by the owner and his wife.

This case shows that a proper display makes a collection look better!
Most collector rather invest in models.

This is a fantastic and inspiring display!

Hans
Roman Posted - 04/28/2013 : 06:09:48
View is fantastic. This is the best Car showcase what I've seen in my life! It fits most of these sporting cars. It fits most, fair shape, representation. This plexi and lighting, great. Inspirational. A beautiful collection, terrific pieces! What is the cost of such a Car showcase?
smerfik24 Posted - 04/27/2013 : 07:13:05
I decided to make a little reminder after 2 years :)
Mazmatt Posted - 08/24/2011 : 03:48:34
Thanks Smerfik, and I remember your kind comments too. You have a very good memory, I do have a collection of all black Ferraris which I will post on the weekend
smerfik24 Posted - 08/23/2011 : 07:30:16
I remember your photos since last time they were visible here. I always wanted to see this amazing exposition again!
Congratulations! Despite modelcars which are of course stunning, I admire this simple, but clever idea of presentation. Really really great.
According to my calculations - 276 models, right?

You also mentioned last time that you have a collection of black Ferraris, could you please take some pics and show us? Thanks in advance, well done!
Mazmatt Posted - 08/22/2011 : 17:45:00
Max I live in Melbourne and you would be more than welcome to come and visit

Jerry, thanks for the great 166 which arrived in flawless condition. I think I will park it next to its black Heco 166 brother. The problem is that to do so means moving many cars so need to have some time up my sleeve!

The photos were taken by a friend of mine who knows a lot more about photography than I do and the b&ws were his idea
dark star Posted - 08/22/2011 : 15:40:42
Congrats Mazmatt !!
I'm very happy to see, where it will be parked the Heco Modèles' Ferrari 166 Inter Fastback Coupé.
))))

jerry

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000