MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Large scale - 1/18, 1/12, etc.
 1/10 Scratch Built Surf Boards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ferrarinut Posted - 01/06/2019 : 15:00:31
Ok, not exactly scale model cars but one could argue a scale mode of transportation if you should find yourself on an exotic beach and tasty waves, channeling Jeff Spicoli. I met the builder, Chris Thorgal on Facebook recently. We found each other through mutual model car friends but I soon learned that Chris makes not only these surf boards, but large scale rc vintage aircraft, beautiful sailing/racing yachts and certainly capable of building scale model cars. I wanted to showcase some of his surf boards, whether you are a fan of surfing or not, these are works of art! Each surf board is made from scratch using mahogany and other precious woods for the board and loupe cedar for the fin/fins. They are finished with automotive lacquer. Prices range from $200-500. You can find Chris on Facebook, just search Chris Thorgal or you can reach him via email at scholzenl@hotmail.com I will add more photos, these are just so beautiful I am having fun posting them!

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ferrarinut Posted - 01/06/2019 : 16:31:24
I think the boys at Built Up Models need to make a full scratch built 1/10 VW 21-window bus slammed on Fuchs with 2 of these boards on the roof.
Ferrarinut Posted - 01/06/2019 : 16:13:15

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000