MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 Special MiniWerks Projects (all scales)
 ScaleAutoArt HIRO Ferrari 250 GTO 1964 #25

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeterW Posted - 10/06/2014 : 16:08:41
I will be building two examples. Only one is available. Please contact Mike for more information.

As I study the parts decisions will be made on any upgrades. A few have come to mind already. The body will be removable to view the internal details.

Lots of detailed photos here:
http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/en/archives/13228

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sam S. Posted - 03/19/2021 : 19:57:59
I was just revisiting this thread as I was so completely blown away by Peter's work on this particular model, and was disappointed to see that the photos are no longer showing. I realize Peter sadly passed away a few years ago, but does anyone have the pictures that were part of this build? Anyone know what happened to this particular model? It was my dream for Peter to build one for me, and I had started looking for a HIRO kit of this same model, but that will unfortunately never come to pass now.
Ferrarinut Posted - 10/09/2015 : 09:36:41
New option for the GTO builds, hand painted driver figure based on the new MFH kit. Contact me for more details. miniwerks@earthlink.net Driver shown is Innes Ireland.

PeterW Posted - 09/04/2015 : 08:10:10
I mixed my own with tamiya acrylics. Use a white with clear blue until the color is exact to those on the decals sheet.

quote:
Originally posted by Splunge

quote:
Originally posted by PeterW
The decals are somewhat thick and brittle. Take extreme care even with the roundels. So...for me it is easier and a better end result to paint the blue due to the complexity of the nose and tail.

Hi Peter, Congratulations to this wonderful build!

I'm also considering painting the blue stripes instead of using the decals. But I'm having trouble to get the Maranello Concessionaires color right.

Did you use a paint off the shelf or did you mix your own? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks and regards
Bernd

Splunge Posted - 09/04/2015 : 00:18:22
quote:
Originally posted by PeterW
The decals are somewhat thick and brittle. Take extreme care even with the roundels. So...for me it is easier and a better end result to paint the blue due to the complexity of the nose and tail.

Hi Peter, Congratulations to this wonderful build!

I'm also considering painting the blue stripes instead of using the decals. But I'm having trouble to get the Maranello Concessionaires color right.

Did you use a paint off the shelf or did you mix your own? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks and regards
Bernd
PeterW Posted - 08/04/2015 : 08:43:49
Now featured in the MFH Customer Gallery...

http://www.modelfactoryhiro.com/new/archives/17259
dark star Posted - 07/26/2015 : 15:03:30
Wow.
Fantastic job, Peter.
I am left speechless....

jerry
PeterW Posted - 07/25/2015 : 13:14:47
quote:
Originally posted by F1tommy

The model looks great. A lot of elbow grease went into this one.

Yes...and the body off concept presented many challenges ;)
PeterW Posted - 07/25/2015 : 13:13:29
Body on photos...

F1tommy Posted - 07/25/2015 : 10:49:58
The model looks great. A lot of elbow grease went into this one.
PeterW Posted - 07/24/2015 : 16:41:30
The final model...

Ferrarinut Posted - 07/24/2015 : 08:48:51
Fantastic work Peter. I get to see this one in person next month, lloking forward to it. This will be the centerpiece for the party.
PeterW Posted - 07/24/2015 : 07:09:51
quote:
Originally posted by glengorse

Hi Peter, Beautifully done and detail superb, love the plaque on the display. David

Thanks David...it is a massive presentation with the base measuring 20" x 22" !
glengorse Posted - 07/24/2015 : 03:07:45
Hi Peter, Beautifully done and detail superb, love the plaque on the display. David
PeterW Posted - 07/23/2015 : 17:58:06
Into the final stretch...last look before the presentation is completed.

PeterW Posted - 07/17/2015 : 16:03:01
Details, details, details...some minor adjustments to the bonnet and doors and this first model will be completed. Should have final photos in a few days!

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000