MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Make Up 599 GTO

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
isporcic Posted - 11/13/2017 : 00:18:17
Hi, all.
Make Up eidolon I have only 1, a 512 BB.
I see they produced Testarossa/512tr/512M, F50, F355, 365 GTB4, Dino...
But 599 GTO and 458 Italia that I saw surprised me.
Could it be that the share moulds with some oter HB, they look a lot like Looksmart to me but maybe i am wrong.
Would not like to buy a MakeUp 599 GTO and see thet it is the same as my Looksmart that I already have...
Thanks.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dave G Posted - 12/01/2017 : 02:38:38
Make Up and windows were apparently not such a good combination for a while. I can imagine that it comes loose, it is so delicate, but actually it should not happen. Quality issue I think.

But then again, I see more 599's from BBR with bulges in the rear- or front wind than without. Shrinkage seems a common issue. I cannot tell. I would imagine elasticity of the glue would compensate but that depends on the type of glue...
isporcic Posted - 11/30/2017 : 23:56:10
quote:
Originally posted by Dave G

Besides the GTO Make Up also did the regular 599, a 599 with some personalisation stuff (scaglietti programme), I believe a 599 HGTE, and both XX and XX Evo versions. The trick however is in finding them...
One thing I admire in Make Up models is the window frames; I bet the looksmart and BBR versions just feature simple flat plastic whereas MU applies a extremely thin 'window rubber'... And we all know that stuff like that is what makes a model special ;)

Thanks.
Only that windows on my EM 512BB do not fit perfect, I dont know if they fitted perfect wheh the model was built.
Maybe bacause of resin shrink...
moriaan Posted - 11/24/2017 : 02:39:40
It would not be a problem to make classic Ferrari's... Licensing expires after 25 years on the design.

Dave G Posted - 11/19/2017 : 15:32:55
Besides the GTO Make Up also did the regular 599, a 599 with some personalisation stuff (scaglietti programme), I believe a 599 HGTE, and both XX and XX Evo versions. The trick however is in finding them...
One thing I admire in Make Up models is the window frames; I bet the looksmart and BBR versions just feature simple flat plastic whereas MU applies a extremely thin 'window rubber'... And we all know that stuff like that is what makes a model special ;)
the.x.man Posted - 11/16/2017 : 14:56:23
Very sadly, Make Up Co. were not allowed to continue creating Ferrari models several years ago. Otherwise, we would have had many more from them - which would have made a lot of collectors extremely happy!

the.x.man 1:43
isporcic Posted - 11/16/2017 : 12:05:55
quote:
Originally posted by Cloud 9

Hello,

I have both a Makeup 599 GTO and an MR version, which is basically the same as Looksmart....They are not the same....

Besides having a better overall finish than the MR, the body shape of the Makeup appears not as thick...The lines are more sharp and crisp...

When doing a side by side comparison, it never crossed my mind that they might share the same mold...

Rest assured, you will be happy should you decide to go with the Makeup version....:)

Good luck!

Hi, thank you very much for your reply.
Seems odd to me that there were only 599 GTO and 458 Italia Eidolon (of real Ferraris younger than year 1995)
Perhaps there were more but I could not find them.
And I expected MakeUp to be better :-)
Cloud 9 Posted - 11/15/2017 : 20:43:34
Hello,

I have both a Makeup 599 GTO and an MR version, which is basically the same as Looksmart....They are not the same....

Besides having a better overall finish than the MR, the body shape of the Makeup appears not as thick...The lines are more sharp and crisp...

When doing a side by side comparison, it never crossed my mind that they might share the same mold...

Rest assured, you will be happy should you decide to go with the Makeup version....:)

Good luck!

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000