MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 288 GTO 1984 all open

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TEDAZ356 Posted - 06/15/2019 : 09:50:47
I’ve begun work on a Bosica Ferrari 288 GTO 1984 all open kit MRBOSK02. I intend to hinge the doors and wondered if anyone had a design for this hinge that they would share. The front bonnet and engine cover seem straight forward enough.
Thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
TEDAZ356 Posted - 06/16/2019 : 11:45:58
Quite right Jono – improved hinges! as the provided PE hinges seem rather weak. The PE hinge components that I ‘believe’ fit the doors might not hold up over time as you have noted. I had hope someone might have documented a build of this model that addresses hinge improvements and other potential shortcomings of the kit.

Actually, the body panels and other PE components fit up nicely. The MR provided ‘instructions’ are vague at best; I have a couple of Bosica 288 standard kits that help with identifying the PE part/locations. The MR provided tool to set the various louvers is a nice item and works.

I accept that kits are really starting points with some starts better than others!
Thanks for your interest - Thomas
the.x.man Posted - 06/15/2019 : 17:28:27
The doors should already be hinged - certainly the factory built versions had opening doors.

Or are you asking about a different (better) hinge system than what the kit provides? The original versions are very prone to sagging if left open.

the.x.man 1:43

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000