MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 FINISHED!!! Aston Martin One-77 (by Fred Suber)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  08:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear collectors,

As the most of you know I am a true lover of Aston Martin. I only collect Aston Martin models from Frederic Suber, and sometimes other famous cars such as 250GTO and Miura and more. But basically I only focus on Aston Martin, simply because only Aston Martin makes me very very warm.

My next project in collaboration with Fred Suber I designed some parts for my next new models that is planned for November or December. These are the models to be built:
- Aston Martin One-77 Goodwood black
- Aston Martin Paris Motor Show 2010 concept car (in fact this model is made from clay, but it looks stunning!)
- Aston Martin One-77 metallic red (include signatures of some famous persons who are responsible for the realization of One-77 and how Aston Martin now is)

1/43 scale kits of Tecnomodel Aston Martin One-77 will be used for this project. But to be sure that my models will be very unique, I designed some new parts that Fred will apply: new rear wing, new rims for concept car and new footplates. Below you can see some pictures of the parts I have designed. The rear wing and the rims are 3D-printed in high resolution and are made of plastic. These parts are very very fragile, but in fact strong enough for the modelbuilding.

Enjoy the pictures below! Hopefully this subject is very interesting for everyone who read this blog. My message is that everyone can design their own parts if they want! If you have the know-how in home, then you can design your own parts to make your own model(s) very unique!

Of course, later when the Aston Martin One-77 models are finished, I will take some pictures and drop it here.

Kind regards! And have fun with collecting models (and building models)!

Remco

Rear wing

New rims

Footplates

Never drive faster than your guadrian angel!

Edited by - Performance on 01/08/2013 09:48:20

p_polman

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  12:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Remco,

I've seen your marvelous designs earlier but the rear wing and the base-plate are new for me. I'am impressed of the results!

Please show us your sneak-previiew in november/december.

See you soon.......
Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  23:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for your compliments!

I am looking forward to see the final results. I am sure I will place new pictures of the final results here in November/December.

I will use my base plate design (engraved anodized aluminium) for all my future "modern" Aston Martin models such as V12 Zagato, DBS, new Vanquish, and more. Hopefully Tecnomodel (or other high detail brands) will release new kits of these cars in the future. Looks also very neat for in my collection.

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  06:42:22  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Highly Technical, art in it's own way but computer generated nonetheless.

Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  07:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Peter.
Yes it is computer generated, but that is in this way the best option. The rims are too difficult to make without CAD-programs. The rear wing is possible easy to make with hand, but it takes time to make an identical rear wing as the original car. And in this case, the One-77 is a real high technological project of Aston Martin and so I prefer to make computer generated parts for this car and also for the other modern cars of Aston Martin. Of course it is an art in my own, but is is also a challenge to make the parts identical to the original parts.

I am not always in for computer generated items, only for modern cars or for shapes that are too difficult to make by hand. When you ask me to make some computer parts for cars such as DB4GT Zagato or DBR1…I would possible say no. Simply because these are classic cars and made by hand in the years that these cars were build…so I prefer the builder must use his own traditional methods to make new parts.

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  07:58:59  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Makes perfect sense ;)
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  16:27:25  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember you mentioning this to me a while ago, Remco - nice to see it happening now. I am going to be very jealous of your metallic red One-77...

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  23:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jono, yes it is a long time ago I spoken you. Hopefully you are fine?
The red one would be special indeed. But this model would be a standard One-77 without extra additions. Only the signatures will make this red one very special for me.
First I want to take white, samilar to the car who is visible in National Geographic Megafactories Aston Martin...but I decided to choose for red, simply because I think this colour is better than white. I also have non-colours for the other 2 One-77s, so that is why red is the best choice.

The three models do have different rims (Goodwood rims, standard rims & concept car rims). Only the black Goodwood version will get an open rear wing.

Go to Top of Page

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  12:44:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool project! A spectacular model of a spectacular car!
Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2012 :  23:41:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@250GTE: thank you for your compliments! I am looking forward to share the final results with the collectores here on the forum.

Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  10:19:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Upcoming sunday I will pick up my Aston Martin One-77 models at the workplace of Frederic Suber.

For anyone who is interested, keep an eye on this topic.

Best wishes for 2013 for all collectors around the world!!

Go to Top of Page

Cloud 9

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  14:33:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, can't wait to see these beauties!
Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2013 :  06:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes...me too. It is hardly to wait some days, my impatience is put to the test. But I will survive...

Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  09:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello collectors and visitors of Miniwerks website,

Hereby the pictures of Aston Martin One-77!! I picked up these models last sunday at the workshop of Frederic Suber. When Fred shown me these models, I was really blown away!!! They are magnificent...all my thanks to Fred for realizing my wish.

Enjoy the pictures!

Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  09:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  10:16:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Almost better than the real thing! Congratulations. They turned out really nice!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000