MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Minerva43
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Enzo1

Belgium
88 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  00:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am proud to present you what will be one of the first releases of Minerva43 : the 1965 Ferrari 275 GTB/C.
The master of this model is made by famous artist Eric Weber, ex- Le phoenix, Paddock) and I propose you a few pictures to illustrate. Last picture shows the artist holding his creation.
Enjoy !

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  02:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sems to be the model which was intended to be released by Paddock models. Nice to hear that it will be released under the Minerva label.

So is the Minerva43 brand of Fred Suber going to release not only Mike Craigs creations but also those of Eric Weber. Would be great if that was the case as Fred Suber could solve the chaos which is partly created from those small artisan companies regarding their release policies.
Go to Top of Page

David T.

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  13:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally a decent master for this range.
Go to Top of Page

Enzo1

Belgium
88 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  14:04:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David T.,

How could you say that while there is no model released yet ?
Go to Top of Page

jeanpaul

France
149 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2010 :  22:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can see other pictures from PADDOCK site ....
http://www.paddockminiature.com/frame/ferrari/275/gtbcs.html

Edited by - jeanpaul on 04/26/2010 22:29:02
Go to Top of Page

David T.

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  00:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enzo1, I meant that as I don't like Piranha models, it's good news that a model from highly skilled master appears in the range.
Go to Top of Page

glengorse

United Kingdom
230 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  02:19:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yep looking good but not sure if I understand.......

If this is the Paddock kit why is Eric holding the Blue wax version when we have already seen the Brass master on the Paddock site?....

A welcome addition and do we know when it will be available?......
Go to Top of Page

Enzo1

Belgium
88 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  12:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by glengorse

Yep looking good but not sure if I understand.......

If this is the Paddock kit why is Eric holding the Blue wax version when we have already seen the Brass master on the Paddock site?....

A welcome addition and do we know when it will be available?......

David,

Following your interesting question, I had Eric Weber on the phone today. This is what he told me :

"I started to work on that model a few years ago.
When I took the master back no long ago, it was slightly damaged and it doesn't satisfy me anymore.
Therefore I decided to re-start from the beginning for Minerva43 and I look forward to working on many other projects with Minerva43.
The pictures of this model will be withdrawn from the Paddock website soon."
Go to Top of Page

ioannis

Greece
494 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  12:24:26  Show Profile  Visit ioannis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear fellows,
I do not think at all that Mike Craig's work, under the Piranha brand or whatever else, is not good.
On the contrary I do think that he is doing an excellent work.
We need artisans like Mike Craig, Eric Weber, Ilario Chiera, ...
May be the symmetry of their masters is not always perfect - compared with a computer cad kit - but they catch the feeling of the car.
An old carpet-master told me once that if I wanted to verify if a carpet is handmade, then I had to search the symmetry. Handmades never have absolute symmetry!

John
Go to Top of Page

David T.

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  14:02:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ioannis, when I say I do not like Piranha models, I do not mean symmetry, which is impossible to attain with hand made masters. I simply mean that I don't like their stance, they don't have any appeal to me, at least compared with the best AMR, Le Phoenix and Psddock's. It's a matter of personal taste, of course. I owned several kits and builts but I have never been completely happy with them. Every model master has his vision of the real thing to reproduce, and to me Mike Craig's "vision" is not up to my expectations. Simply that.
Go to Top of Page

David T.

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  14:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...who spoke about symmetry? I simply meant charisma. The best AMR models do have charisma, Piranha models don't. Always IMHO, but collecting models is mainly a matter of emotions. If a model doesn't stir up any emotion, it's a model to leave and not to buy. Ant this happens with any collector's item.
Go to Top of Page

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  15:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How anyone can not like Piranha's is totally beyond me. Surely, this is a work of art (well, thanks to Laurent also of course). But ok, to each his own.

Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  23:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting to hear the facts about the restarted master. And it is great that Eric Weber will make other masters for Minerva43 in the future. Seems to me that this is the best solution. Combined forces in the world of white metal models. Cant wait for the Minerva site to go online...
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  11:03:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
by the way: Enzo1, did Eric also tell you what his plans for the Paddaock project are? Will he continue to make models under this brand or will he just sculpt for Minerva? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

luminere1

Australia
42 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  03:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think you should buy what you like.. i wish i could afford to buy a model each from each super builder but it is just a wish.. each has its certain charm and charisma.. there really is no right or wrong.. buy what you like.. i just want to buy everything! just not realistic though! if i could afford this model i would buy one.. it is such a nice subject.. but i will settle for the bbr one for now..
Go to Top of Page

Enzo1

Belgium
88 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  12:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trossi,

Eric Weber said that the projects of Paddock are at a standstill.

Eric is currently in negociations with Fred Suber in scope to become a Minerva43 team member at full time. ;)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000