MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 My newest model from Rosso43
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2014 :  20:53:19  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chan has just finished a superb Countach for me, based on a real LP400 in Switzerland:

(image credit: Autogespot)

We used the new Make Up Co. kit, with a lot of very subtle modifications - none of which are particularly obvious, as they have been extremely finely done...
For example;

The engine cover vents were properly opened up, including mesh on the sides.

The NACA ducts were opened up all the way back, like they should.

The radiator housings were reshaped.

The "periscope" was opened up.

The wheels had machined lips added (and valve stems).

All this was over and above the usual deepening of panel lines, correct stance, trim fitment and so-on, that Chan (like all decent builders) performs. It has been finished in genuine Lamborghini "Luci del bosco" paint.

the.x.man 1:43

Dries1

Netherlands
98 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2014 :  07:04:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not a great fan of Lamborghini, but I must say the Original LP400 is very tasteful.
If you had not showed us the Original I would have said very nice model, nothing wrong with it, but now I think it doesn't match the original. I miss the beautiful deepness of the paint, the brilliancy and the sharp contrast of the headlights.
Go to Top of Page

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2014 :  11:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, incredible. Amazing what some subtle mods can do for a model.And of course overall presentation is a total winner. Congrats Jono!
Go to Top of Page

Paulius43

Spain
18 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  03:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic build and a very nice color combo. Congrats on this one! Model cars are getting so much true to original cars every year...

Regarding the color maybe it is the effect that the real car is plain color and the model is metallic? The Countach looks good in any color :)
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  20:33:55  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paulius, long time no see :o)

The colour is correct, it is just that the digital photography has exaggerated the metallic effect - it looks perfect to the naked eye.

the.x.man 1:43
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  21:20:04  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's the lighting...the photo of the body next to the paint can looks closest to my eyes. It can be a dilemma...case in point I was taking photos of a black Speedster today and the natural daylight just wasn't allowing enough saturation. Too much light in all the wrong places. Back to my photo booth tomorrow!

Edited by - PeterW on 11/11/2014 21:22:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000