MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Heco Ferrari Daytona value?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stas

Czech Republic
36 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  06:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello There,

I would like to ask your advise if possible.
I am new to the 1:43 hobby (just a few months) and still on a Spark/Redline level. But feel a glimpses of need for some special models in my collection.

I saw the yellow Heco's Daytona in one of the local stores recently for equal of 80 USD.

I heard Heco is not in business anymore, but know nothing about the quality and value of the model...
Another thing, the model is stored in a glass cabinet which is pretty close to the entrance/outside window. I know those resin models are pretty fragile and not sure if the condition of the model is still ok. Would you suggest to buy it?

Thank you very much in advance.

(correction – I just realised the www watermark on the picture and deleted it to avoid any possible marks of advertising or rather anti-advertising:)

Edited by - Stas on 05/24/2015 04:37:25

ramapao69

Italy
512 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  06:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my opinion is not the best Heco model and not the best Daytona either....so save your money for another model ;)
Go to Top of Page

Stas

Czech Republic
36 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  07:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ramapao69

In my opinion is not the best Heco model and not the best Daytona either....so save your money for another model ;)

thank you very much for the reply. This is exactly what I wanted to know :)
Go to Top of Page

dino

Poland
23 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2015 :  07:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For example,in Daytona from Make Up
Go to Top of Page

Stas

Czech Republic
36 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2015 :  04:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
true.. thanks! actually any model of the desired car I see made by Make Up, ending up in my wish list. Looks so correct in many ways
Go to Top of Page

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2015 :  18:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heco Miniatures were mostly known for their Bugatti Royales, which were superb models. They made some nice Ferraris as well, and they were pretty little cars, some with very nice presentation boxes on smoked mirror base like the Championnes du Monde series. Unfortunately, like most 1/43 companies at the time, they competed against BBR and the quality was perhaps somewhat short of the BBR company for some models, but likely not all. Some Heco models were at or close to BBR quality. If you're currently on the Spark/Redline Stas then maybe a Daytona by BBR is a good choice. But if you're going to have only ONE Daytona in your collection, then to me quality over quantity, and any Daytona by AMR or Le Phoenix might be something to consider. Good luck with your collection Stas.

Steve Sklenka

Edited by - hrobmlyny on 05/25/2015 18:58:50
Go to Top of Page

Stas

Czech Republic
36 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2015 :  11:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Steve, thanks for the nice advice! And thank you for the information.

This model also has a mirror base, and as far as I know this is one of the earliest Daytonas from Heco, but I agree, there is a big choice of Daytona models around and, if I'll be lucky enough, I'll catch BBR or Make Up one... after some time.
I prefer quality over quantity, this is the main reason I've started to think towards handmade models :)

Thanks!
Stas

quote:
Originally posted by hrobmlyny

Heco Miniatures were mostly known for their Bugatti Royales, which were superb models. They made some nice Ferraris as well, and they were pretty little cars, some with very nice presentation boxes on smoked mirror base like the Championnes du Monde series. Unfortunately, like most 1/43 companies at the time, they competed against BBR and the quality was perhaps somewhat short of the BBR company for some models, but likely not all. Some Heco models were at or close to BBR quality. If you're currently on the Spark/Redline Stas then maybe a Daytona by BBR is a good choice. But if you're going to have only ONE Daytona in your collection, then to me quality over quantity, and any Daytona by AMR or Le Phoenix might be something to consider. Good luck with your collection Stas.

Steve Sklenka

Go to Top of Page

franmort

Belgium
4 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2015 :  14:23:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stas,
I started to collect Ferrari models in August last year and was - to be honest I still am - very proud with my first BBR, MR and HECO models. (Un)fortunately, I quickly became acquainted with AMR, le Phoenix, Esprit43, Minerva43, MVM43, ... but even more intriguing the builders of these models and last but not least the fantastic, sometimes peculiar people behind some of these brands (Fred Suber, Mike Craig, Jean-François Alberca, Hervé Duband, Peter Winfield, ... André-Marie Ruf among many others).
To me a model - no matter what the purchase price is - needs to be in perfect condition. If you buy through eBay ask for some extra information and/or images if you feel uncertain on the quality.
To come back to the Daytona from HECO I don't think you will be "ripped off" if you pay $80. If you look on eBay for similar models you will get a good idea on the price level for this type of models. If the model looks good you can easily sell it through eBay if you ever consider to acquire a nicer Daytona (Mike certainly has some nice models in his MiniWerks Online Shop). From my own experience there is a good chance that you will keep both Daytona models.
Kind regards, Frank
Go to Top of Page

Stas

Czech Republic
36 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  05:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, thank you very much for the suggestion and for your opinion.

I agree with you regarding the 80 USD price. I've checked eBay and saw the similar model (maybe in not so good condition) for a much bigger price... But this model is still there after several weeks...
The actual value of the model is really interesting topic for me. I would like to have a models in my collection, which are not necessarily the the most accurate ever produced, but the story of the company (or person) is really interesting to me also. I admire the work of the artists you've mentioned, but can not afford their work yet..

Coming back to Heco, actually I'm rather surprised with the low prices for the hand made model of the company, which is not exist anymore... A few weeks ago I saw a RedLine's Ferrari Dino in 1:87 scale (!) sold for 256 Euro on german eBay. I keep this listing bookmarked in my profile just to remind myself of how crazy the collector's world could be.. :)

Stas

quote:
Originally posted by franmort

Stas,
I started to collect Ferrari models in August last year and was - to be honest I still am - very proud with my first BBR, MR and HECO models. (Un)fortunately, I quickly became acquainted with AMR, le Phoenix, Esprit43, Minerva43, MVM43, ... but even more intriguing the builders of these models and last but not least the fantastic, sometimes peculiar people behind some of these brands (Fred Suber, Mike Craig, Jean-François Alberca, Hervé Duband, Peter Winfield, ... André-Marie Ruf among many others).
To me a model - no matter what the purchase price is - needs to be in perfect condition. If you buy through eBay ask for some extra information and/or images if you feel uncertain on the quality.
To come back to the Daytona from HECO I don't think you will be "ripped off" if you pay $80. If you look on eBay for similar models you will get a good idea on the price level for this type of models. If the model looks good you can easily sell it through eBay if you ever consider to acquire a nicer Daytona (Mike certainly has some nice models in his MiniWerks Online Shop). From my own experience there is a good chance that you will keep both Daytona models.
Kind regards, Frank

Go to Top of Page

Stas

Czech Republic
36 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  02:50:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two persons here have mentioned AMR and Le Phoenix. If we talk about factory builds, what makes them better than Make Up and BBR classic Ferraris still nowadays?

Besides the personality of the author, rarity, price.
If I'm looking for the precise model of the real car I like.. I find contemporary models more accurate by today's standards. IMO

thanks
Stas

Edited by - Stas on 06/05/2015 09:08:46
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  02:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want the best detailed daytona in 1:43 try getting the Make Up, which is not easy to find.

The older models like Le Phoenix and AMR are less detailed and made of white-metal. The main difference is that they are handmade, not by computers or machines.

BBr is in the middle.. Their Daytona was made in the 1990's.
IMO one of their best models. The heco dates from the same period.

Collecting is more than buying a modell. A collector chooses based on rarity quality, how its made,and who made at it.

Learn and read this forum thoroughly, in here you can find loads of knowledge from collectors, experts and builders.

Before you start collecting determine what to collect. Its easy buying a collection, it only takes money. Building a quality-collection takes a lot of time patience and knowledge.
Money is a key factor, but keep in mind that once you need or want to sell, retaining (a big part or in some cases all) your investment is depending on what you have bought in the past.
Collecting can be a deeeep moneypit.

Other than that its a fantastic hobby, that never bores and a collection is allways a work in progress.
Finding a rare object is a tyhrill!

Go to Top of Page

Stas

Czech Republic
36 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  04:02:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
moriaan,

thank you very much for such a great explanation. I see the difference now.

This forum is amazing place I should say.

Thank you
Stas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000