MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/24 scale Handbuilt Models
 PICS - A 1938 Bugatti Atlantic just out.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stewil

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  14:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't recall seeing pictures of this new offering yet so thought I would post some shots. This is Mikhail Bashmashnikov's first 1/24th offering. Will include some 1/43ed scale models for comparison. I am very Happy that this car has been finally offered in a larger scale than 1/43ed. What a fine model.
Hoping you enjoy the pictures and that you will forgive my redundancy if you have seen this on another forum.

Outstanding interior detailing

There will be only 100 produced so act fast if interested before the Bugatti Club snaps them all up.

The base is made from the same wood as found on the 1:1 Atlantic's dash.

Heco 1931 Bugatti T51 Dubos

Heco 1935 Bugatti T57C Aerolithe. One can observe the Atlantic's evolution based on the preceding two cars.

Other French Curve cars of the era

IXO offering of an Atlantic

The Brumm Atlantic has been out awhile

A Spark 1937 Delage D6 that has a similar look to the Atlantic. Hmmmm, just noticed misspellings, oops.

I know of a couple other Atlantic offerings in 1/43ed which I was never able to obtain.
So how do the 1/43ed scale models compare?

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve

Edited by - stewil on 05/26/2010 19:39:54

ferrari4evr1

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  07:54:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stewil,
Very nice collection! By the way, who makes your Delage D8-120 Pourtout Aero Coupe? I love that car!!!

James
Go to Top of Page

stewil

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  13:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi James,
The Delage D8-120 Pourtout Aero Coupe was made by Heco. Not sure if it is still available but I believe Spark is producing one soon - not as high end but probably a very fine model nonetheless.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  16:32:54  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine has one of Mikhail's Atlantics - and it is just stunning!

ioannis

Greece
494 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  03:12:37  Show Profile  Visit ioannis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Which is the brand that Mikhail Bashmashnikov is working for?
Does anyone can post pics of some other of his builts?
Does he works in both 1/24 and 1/43 scales?
As a Bugatti lover I can say that the black Atlantic is fantastic!!

John
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2010 :  13:31:40  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mikhail's own 2 product lines are:
B & G Historic Line
B & G
He works in both 1:43 and 1:24 scales.

Mikhail also represents and sells models by EMC under their own label.

I have one of his 1:24 Atlantic's in my own collection, it is a fantastic model. I also sell these models for him.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

vova43

Russia
186 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  11:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,
The B&G 1/24 scale Bugatti Atlantic discussed here in fact is creation of the EMC studio, directed by now world-famous model builder Vladimir Pivtorak. This is his first attempt in large scale. All his previous models were in 1/43 csale. Interestingly, one of his latest models was another Bugatti, type 252 with Michelotti body - unrealised project of early 50-th, scale 1/43.
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  15:59:03  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
vova43,
Please note that this model is considered a B&G product. The idea to produce this model was solely Mikhail Bashmashnikov's.

The actual pattern/master for this 1:24 Bugatti Atlantic model was made by a good friend of Mikhail's in Russia whom he commissioned. Mikhail also did all of the extensive research and supplied that to his pattern maker. Please note that just the physical production of the models was and is performed by EMC. The display case, plaques and packaging are designed and made in the USA. Regardless of which model factory produced these wonderful models for Mikhail - B&G, they are still considered a B&G product. This is the same that can be said for companies such as BBR, MakeUp, MR, GMP, and countless other model manufacturers throughout the world. As you mentioned, "This is his first attempt in large scale. All his previous models were in 1/43 scale." The only reason EMC even took on this project in 1:24 scale was due to the long established great friendship and business relationship that Mikhail has with Vladimir Pivtorak whom we do mention with these models on my web site. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

F1-Wolfgang

Germany
1884 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  04:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Bugatti collection.
I just love the Antlantic model.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000