MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Patrick Ruppert Decal Service Introduction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  06:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of our fellow collectors, also model builder and now decal maker has asked if I would make an introduction. Patrick has provided his own "intro". Hopefully his services will be of interest to some of you.

I would like to offer my decal service to you and your customers. I’m building models for the past 30 years and seriously for the past 15 years. Within this time I often found that the decals I needed to realize a project are not available. For years I was searching and found mostly unsatisfying products. So a couple of years ago I started to set off the decals myself and found a supplier who is able to print my decals in a top quality. The decals I can supply now are the best you can find in single production decals. Even white on black is 100% white after decaling and not greyish. The decals are UV printed on very thin base foil. In the meanwhile I have several long time customers amongst them race teams and drivers and I want to expand. You and your customers can make yourself a picture of my work via my facebook page rcc race car customs (regular website will follow in a short while). If anyone is not able to visit this page in order of having no facebook account just simply give me a note on my email patrup@gmx.de and I will send pictures. Please use the e-mail also for any requests.

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2017 :  07:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to Patrick's Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/Racecarcustoms/photos/a.907847922683352.1073741829.900360436765434/985631088238368/?type=3¬if_t=notify_me_page¬if_id=1486901472326697
Go to Top of Page

GTB

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2017 :  11:25:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had Patrick make some special decals for me recently. I had a model made of Ferrari 250 GTO CH# 3673, the Nurburgring 1000km 4 liter GTO. The "D" shape vents in the rear fenders were very small. Research on the actual car showed that the vents were partially covered with, what appears to be, a piece of sheet metal. Patrick made decals from a sketch I sent which reproduced the look perfectly. He even suggested a textured decal material that enhances the appearance of an applied metal sheet. Thank you, Patrick!

#3673 as raced

Model as built

Model with Patrick's decals

If any forum reader is in need of some special decals, I would highly recommending contacting Patrick.
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2018 :  07:49:49  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having a lot of difficulty with getting my decals from Patrick Ruppert. My recent emails to him have gone unanswered. I know that awhile ago he indicated there were possibly some family issues of his that got in the way, but now just too much time has passed along with communication getting worse over the past 2 plus months. I don't know what is going on with him, and hope that someone here might be able to provide some useful information here or send me a PM. Maybe others could also share anything they might be aware of here, and on other social media platforms. I do not go on Facebook.

I contacted him to make decals for me for three projects, one of which was very involved, but having looked at the detail and quality of his samples there was no question in my mind that he could produce the detail, accuracy, and quality of what I needed. His work looked superb, so I went ahead, and he started on my projects in late April - five(5) months ago. Unfortunately for me, all I have finally received from him just last week, was an incomplete order with mistakes that were supposed to have been corrected long ago. And only one(1) sheet was sent to me instead of several sheets. This one sheet does not even have the quantities of all that were needed for one of the models.

At this point I do not know if he intends to finish the work he committed to, charged me for, and I paid him to do. There is more to say, but this pretty much covers it. This has been a very frustrating experience to put it ever so politely.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  13:27:49  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well...... Here is my update on this. Patrick Ruppert NEVER completed and NEVER delivered the work he was paid to do. He has NEVER replied or made any attempts to fix the problems which he created. The only thing that Patrick did for me was waste a lot of my time, and take over $200 EUROS of my money.

He's just another one of those unprofessional, not to be trusted part time hobbyists who is happy to take money, make excuses, and NEVER delivers what he promises.

I have given the decal work AGAIN, to another supplier here in the USA, who is reliable.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Harm

Netherlands
41 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  06:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
His latest Facebook post dates from May 2017. That is not very hopeful. Really sorry to hear about your experience. If I hear family problems I always expect the worst, it is not the first modeling firm I know that vanishes this way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000