MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Pagani HuayraR Blue Carbon by Figart Model

Pagani HuayraR Blue Carbon by Figart Model

Miniwerks is proud to announce the addition of Figart Model and their first release Pagani HuayraR. Available in 3 finishes late 2023/early 2024.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Buzz Lockwood R.I.P
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthrax

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2020 :  03:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sad to report the passing of "Buzz" Lockwood. Buzz passed away in December 2019 after a long and courageous fight with cancer. Buzz was an amazing human being as well as one of the best car builders in America. During his younger days, Buzz was a Captain in the US Army and piloted helicopters in the Vietnam war. He was shot down thirteen times, and awarded the Purple Heart on three occasions. Buzz was also awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross and was a US Army Ranger which is part of the US Special Forces program.

As a builder, his attention to detail and his workmanship will forever be his trademark. Many of Buzz's work would appear on Mike's site and would always fetch top dollar.

RIP my friend.

Je suis triste d'annoncer le décès de "Buzz" Lockwood. Buzz est décédé en décembre 2019 après une longue et courageuse lutte contre le cancer. Buzz était un être humain incroyable ainsi que l'un des meilleurs sinon le meilleur constructeur de voitures miniatures en Amérique. Durant sa jeunesse, Buzz était capitaine dans l'armée américaine et a piloté des hélicoptères pendant la guerre du Vietnam. Il a été abattu treize fois et a reçu le Purple Heart à trois reprises. Buzz a également reçu la Distinguished Flying Cross et était un Ranger de l'armée américaine qui fait partie du programme des Forces spéciales américaines.

En tant que constructeur, son souci du détail et son travail seront à jamais sa marque de fabrique. Beaucoup de travaux de Buzz apparaîtraient sur le site de Mike et rapporteraient toujours le meilleur prix.

RIP mon ami.

Me entristece informar el fallecimiento de "Buzz" Lockwood. Buzz falleció en diciembre de 2019 después de una larga y valiente lucha contra el cáncer. Buzz era un ser humano increíble y uno de los mejores, si no el mejor fabricante de modelos de automóviles en Estados Unidos. Durante sus días de juventud, Buzz fue Capitán del Ejército de los EE. UU. Y piloteó helicópteros en la guerra de Vietnam. Fue derribado trece veces y recibió el Corazón Púrpura en tres ocasiones. Buzz también recibió la Cruz de Vuelo Distinguida y fue un Ranger del Ejército de EE. UU. Que forma parte del programa de Fuerzas Especiales de EE. UU.

Como constructor, su atención al detalle y su mano de obra siempre serán su marca registrada. Muchos de los trabajos de Buzz aparecerían en el sitio de Mike y siempre obtendrían el mejor precio.

RIP mi amigo.

Edited by - Anthrax on 04/08/2020 07:58:55

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2020 :  17:23:11  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for letting us know, Michael.

While thoughts obviously go out to his family, he will also be a great loss to the modelling community.

I was lucky enough to have communicated directly with him, briefly, a few years back. As well as being extremely helpful (beyond what I was asking), he was also absolutely hilarious to talk to. I had always hoped to have more dealings with him someday...

I am also extremely privileged to have a model in my collection from him - an Ugo Fadini Golden Arrow that Buzz had completely stripped and rebuilt. It is a magnificent piece and I am proud to have it!

Pictures by Mike McCormick (which barely do the model justice compared to seeing it in person).

the.x.man 1:43
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2020 :  14:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for posting this Mike, I had not heard. He was truly one of the best in the hobby and an absolute joy to be around. I had the privilege of working with him for a few days in Buffalo, NY as he and I prepped a model collection from one of his biggest customers, Paul Griffin. That was back in the summer of 2008, seems like yesterday. I will have to find some of my favorite "Lockwoods" that passed through Miniwerks over the years and post some pics in his honor. Perhaps others will do the same. RIP Buzz!
Go to Top of Page

francesco58

Italy
23 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2020 :  01:12:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
R.I.P. Buzz, let the earth be mild!
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  12:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1/12 Gunze 1962 Honda CR110 race bike by Buzz.

Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  13:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ferrari 126C2 by Buzz...

Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2020 :  13:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ferrari 288 GTO 1984 by Buzz...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000