MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 My "Speciale" Ferrari Friday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  19:58:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is somewhat 1/43 related as it has to do with a very "speciale" model from Rainer Goetzke, CAR10. The Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Speciale s/n 04383 GT. This special Lusso started life as a gold metallic "standard" Lusso but was rebodied by Fantuzzi later in life and appears just as the model looks now. The second photo shows the real car as it looked on Friday when I took this photo. Not only did I have an opportunity to take this photo, I was fortunate enough to get behind the wheel and cruise up Highway 1 in Monterey along the Pacific Ocean on a sunny day with windows down. It doesn't get much better than that. Mark Robinson, the owner of the car was incredibly gracious and called last Sunday evening to inform me he was flying to California from his home in Hawaii to check on his Dino 246 GTS and his Lusso and would I like to join him? Needless to say I accepted. I met Mark at a repair shop where his Dino was ready. We drove the Dino from the shop to Monterey where we picked up the Lusso from storage and drove back to the same repair shop. I also had the opportunity to drive the Dino. Both cars are a delight to drive and completely different experiences but equally enjoyable. The Dino was small, light, responsive, very comfortable and very easy to drive. The Lusso was all Ferrari, my first time driving a front engine V12 Ferrari, my first time holding a perfectly restored Nardi wheel. The Lusso is much bigger but did not feel big, it was very easy to drive, easier off the start, very smooth, linear acceleration, the Dino took a little more attention. The Lusso is only 4 speeds and you wanted a 5th gear when cruising on the highway. You are quickly up to 70-80 mph and it just wants to keep going, pulling strong and solid as a rock. Mark commented that the Fantuzzi designed low nose helps create downforce and I can attest that even over 80 there was no sign of lifting, it just felt firm and stable, we could have cruised all day. We had the windows down, and could talk the entire time. I will never forget it, I am still smiling. Thank you Mark! Mike

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  19:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And this is Mark's Dino.

Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  22:09:11  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
/too envious to comment...

:o)

cpete

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  05:42:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to use a sick day today, because I am so green
with envy!

Chad
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  05:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats a nice way to spend a sunday!

and the weather is looking good!(dark rainy cold autumn-day overhere)
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  06:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The owner of the home where the Lusso is stored had another garage where he works on his own British cars, he had this recently restored early 50s Jaguar XK120 under a cover. I pulled it back and it was love at first sight. I would have loved to have taken this one for a spin as well!

Go to Top of Page

ferrari4evr1

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  09:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is simply amazing Mike! I'm glad you got to drive your first front engine 12... Those cars are amazing.. The sound, the feel... It really takes you back in time.... My first drive in a 12, was a 412.... Very lucky man to drive a Speciale... You dont see those everyday, much less, drive them..... Congrats Mike...

James
Go to Top of Page

aball

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  08:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What an experience! The Dino may "only" be a Dino in this company but it's my favorite. I just love the Dino's shape and all the design details. Although I'm sure that being in the presence of the Fantuzzi must be quite a thrill, much less getting to drive it! Thanks for sharing.

Arthur
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000