MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Self-built Models
 1955 Porsche 356
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  06:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been awhile since I finished anything and was eager to share. I originally started this 2 years ago then put it on the back burner. A few weeks ago it got dusted off and work resumed. The body is a fiberglass Bosica copy using Bosica parts. I normally make GT or hotrod 356's because I like what the 356 looks like with no bumpers. This is the first stock one I made in a long time. Just like doing a real car this turned out to be more challenging because everything needed to be correct for the model year. I made the dolly that the cars would roll down the assembly line at the factory. For the motor... Again it's been a long time since building one in stock trim. At 55bhp at 4400rpm it's hard to get excited about. Usually if I were building a pushrod motor model I'd at least make it a 70bhp LeMans spec monster:). The motor I reshaped the fan, added some block details, plumbed, wired, added throttle linkage and a few other nick-nacks. I'm still waiting on some brake lines and wheel studs for the tranny. It's a Bosica unit that's been correctly stretched and reshaped around the bellhousing. I made the axles, starter and tranny hoop and will add brake lines. That's all for now... I'm happy to actually finish something and I'm thrilled that this model is no longer collecting dust.

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  06:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

F1tommy

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  07:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow....its fantastic. I am working on decals for pre A 356's in 1/24th scale(PAN AM cars for Fujimi kit), so I can appreciate how well this is done.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2011-Chicago March 19th 2011
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  07:31:15  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful!! Congratulations. It looks fantastic.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

43king

Hong Kong
40 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  01:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty!
all panel and the rear side window close well too(original not fit).
Go to Top of Page

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  19:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words!!! All great builders and I hold your comments in high regard.

I got the parts and finished the tranny tonight. This was a fun build... It was inspired by a factory photo but in that pic the car was a white 54. I'm happy with the results:)

Go to Top of Page

ioannis

Greece
494 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  12:59:03  Show Profile  Visit ioannis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe,
your model is one of the best 356s.
A very clean build and a wonderful idea.
Bravo,
John
Go to Top of Page

Anthrax

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  15:58:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Porsche. Build in New Jersey?

Mike Schmidt
Millington, NJ
Go to Top of Page

914joe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2011 :  17:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the comments!!!

Yep... Built in NJ:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000