MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Villa models-Twin Crono
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abelhobby

Mexico
98 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  10:31:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Guys,

I am wondering if any one has Villa models or Twin Crono models, how is the quality? are they diecast or resin? I could not find any info. on the web. I am interesting on a 1974 312B3 not sure wich one to chose, please help.
If someone has pictures please post.

Thanks
Regards
Abel

David

109 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  10:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Twin Chrono are quite old diecasts, made at the beginning of the 90s, quite low quality.
Also very low quality for the Villa Models, mostly revamped old white metal FDS kits with poor finish. Only for rabid F.1 collectors.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrari2006

Germany
352 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  10:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello Abel,

i have some Villa (i think these are old FDS Kits) and i have some Twin Crono´s also. Bad Quality buy better some Hot Wheels, Minichamps, Quarzo Models they are much better.

Regards
Fred
Go to Top of Page

abelhobby

Mexico
98 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  13:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Guys,

Thank you for the feedback, they dont look very good, I though they were handbuilts, in that case I would try maybe a Redline, not as high end as BBR, good value for the money.

Thanks again.

Abel
Go to Top of Page

David

109 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2011 :  16:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Red Line's B3 has some errors, as well, but all in all is a quite decent model and quite good value for money. Look for the Lauda version, as Regazzoni's helmet is wrong - it should be a Jeb's with those strange square lines, which Red Line failed to reproduce. Otherwise, some minor inaccuracies apart, Red Line's B3 is an acceptable miniature, which can be obtained at good prices if you search well.

Edited by - David on 01/24/2011 16:48:55
Go to Top of Page

David

109 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  04:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...if you read Italian, you can have a look at the following thread in the Duegi Editrice forum:

http://www.forum-duegieditrice.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=38124&p=336510&hilit=redline+lauda#p336510
Go to Top of Page

abelhobby

Mexico
98 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2011 :  20:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello David, very interesting, unfortunatelly dont know italian, I will try to figure it out what they saying.

Thanks again.
Regards
Abel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000