MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Portal43 Ferrari 500TR Tires?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  11:35:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just listed this beautiful model and noticed that both front tires do not have the Englebert decals. Before I add new decals I am wondering if this may have been how the car raced at Le Mans? The builder may have finished the model this way based on real photos.

tiz43

Italy
62 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  13:59:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

in the " Ferraris at Le Mans " book write by Dominique Pascal, this Ferrari race in Le Mans 1956 chassis no. 0654, registration 66943 BO.
Entered by the ' Los Amigos' group, driven by Picard and Tappan.
It retired in the 14th hour, after being 11th in the previous hour.
This blue and white Ferrari was disqualified when it was leading the 2-litre class. It ran out of fuel 32 laps after refuelling ( the rules demand a minimum 34 laps between each refuelling ) and was refuelled anyway.

In the picture do not see the englebert on the tyres, but in the other picture of 500 TR no 20 englebert in the front and rear tyres.

Tiizano
Go to Top of Page

jeanpaul

France
149 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  14:10:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think that the Englebert decals is too big ... it's much smaller
Go to Top of Page

gcs68

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  14:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the Engelbert just on the front tyres? And with only two decals in the kit the builder just used them on the wrong axle?
I do not recognize any writing on the back tire.

Anyway, beautiful model

Kind regards
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  15:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I thought they were too big also and was going to change them with BBR versions that were used on their 250 Zagato. I think I will leave the option up to the eventual buyer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000