MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 AMR Steve Barnett 1957 335S Hawthorn/Musso
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  11:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. Even though I have already submitted few posts in the past I should introduce myself briefly. My name is Steve. I live in Calgary, Canada but grew up in Hrob (suburb Hrobmlyny),Czech Republic. I believe I am of Mike's generation and have seriously started collecting handbuilts only in 2003. In an earlier thread I promised to post a few pictures of AMR Ref.6A 1957 335S Hawthorn/Musso s/n 0674 built by Mr. Barnett. Here are the pictures. Regards, Steve.

Steve Sklenka

Edited by - hrobmlyny on 04/30/2011 00:44:45

63 wheels

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  12:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Steve
Another beauty! When did it get built? I like the driver, it adds so much to the model presentation. Ron
Your on a roll show more awesome models!

Edited by - 63 wheels on 04/19/2011 12:27:28
Go to Top of Page

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2011 :  18:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ron:

All 3 S. Barnetts were built 3 years ago. Mr.Barnett was very helpful, accommodating and a true professional. I saw his amazing work in the Four Small Wheels magazine few years back and decided that I wanted some of his fabulous models in my collection. I also have 2 Le Phoenix based 250 GT SWB's built by Mr. Patric Badot of Mini Delta. These 2 models are absolutely stunning as well. I will post few pictures in the next day or so. Regards, Steve

Steve Sklenka
Go to Top of Page

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  18:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here are the two 250 GT SWB's built by Mr. Patrick Badot of Mini Delta. I have also included a comparison between a e Phoenix and BBR 250 GT SWB. Also in there is one of Ugo Fadini's most awe aspiring creations. I hardly EVER see ANY Mini Delta models for sale anywhere. I wonder if any one might be able to post some other Mini Delta models?

It should be noted that the Le Phoenix is a 1960 SWB whereas the BBR is a 1961 SWB.

Steve Sklenka
Go to Top of Page

Collin

Belgium
95 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2011 :  22:13:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patrick is a artist and a true Gentleman

Go to Top of Page

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  08:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Collin. I have another Mini Delta, but this isn't based on a Le Phoenix kit but is made of resin. I have included 2 models (612 Scaglietti and Enzo)I own by another gentleman in our hobby, Klaus Gopfert of One Man Factory. Both have a nicely detailed engine.

Steve Sklenka
Go to Top of Page

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2011 :  17:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen other people take pictures of models with a piece of glass underneath. So this afternoon a took a piece of glass and experimented by taking few shots with a glass underneath the models. A first for me. I am even showing the super simple set up I use to take pictures of my models. It would be interesting if someone who has taken pictures with a glass would be able to share some thoughts on tips and techniques. Pictures of other collectors set ups would also be interesting to see.

Steve Sklenka
Go to Top of Page

360driver

Netherlands
454 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  00:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very nice pictures with a very simple setting. I practicly use a similar set up to photograph my pictures and it absolutely works! Love your models Steve!
Go to Top of Page

ioannis

Greece
494 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  00:27:22  Show Profile  Visit ioannis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Awesome collection Steve.
I too started collecting from 2001, somehow late according to my age.
The fact is that every day I am going deeper.
It's also true that I love every single model in my collection, no matter how expensive and accurate might be. All items have a history behind.
Keep collecting (a wish similar to "keep going" for us).
John
PS. I've not any Barnett in my collection. Is Mike planning a future built?
Go to Top of Page

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2011 :  16:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your kind comments Mark and John. Glad you like the pictures and the models. I have always enjoyed looking at other collector's models on this forum and thought I should maybe reciprocate and add some some pictures as well. Right now I am using just the one lamp. I was reading that it's best to use three lamps to avoid shadows. One on the left of the subject, one on the right and one at the back. So that will be my next little project.

Steve Sklenka
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2011 :  03:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fantastic collection

Minidelta's are fantastic in any scale!
Buildquality and historic correctness are Patricks passion.
Knowing patrick and the way he works, I can guarantee you the SWB is correct up to the smallest part.

Patricks models are rare, and he produces only a few, but he's at the absolute top of handbuilt models.

OMF's allways look a bit rough.. but Klaus Gopfert is an extremely skilled builder.

Go to Top of Page

hrobmlyny

Canada
48 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2011 :  05:29:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Hans:

I agree Patrick's works is at the top. The #22 250 GT SWB was the very first high end handbuilt I ever bought and I don't think I will ever sell it. I would buy other Le Phoenix based Mini Deltas, but you just don't see them. You also don't see too many OMF on Ebay either. Regards, Steve
Go to Top of Page

Collin

Belgium
95 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  12:09:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was the first mini delta, a maserati zagato.

Go to Top of Page

smerfik24

Poland
59 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  09:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your modelcars are absolutely amazing! Mini Delta's are so clear and precise, really great stuff.
Thanks for posting your little "photo studio".
However, I prefer taking pics outside.
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  10:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you have a fantastic collection!

Did you get the OMF's from an italian ebayer?

Hans
Go to Top of Page

Fred Perez

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2011 :  11:58:04  Show Profile  Visit Fred Perez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful collection and very interesting subjects, ALL of them, congratulations!

A World In Scale!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000