MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Large scale - 1/18, 1/12, etc.
 Manuel Olive Sans
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ioannis

Greece
494 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  12:25:59  Show Profile  Visit ioannis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, it's fair to open a new thread for Manuel Olive Sans.
http://www.olivesans.com/
I don't know if he is the best because I never saw (and propably I'll never do) his work in real.
I do believe instead to our friends who came across to these masterpieces.
So, I invite you here to post all information available for Olive the Masterbuilder.

John

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  15:01:56  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John, I'm glad to see a thread for Olive. Aside from my building and producing models, I have also brokered/sold a substantial amount of one of a kind scratch built models by many of the best builders; and that has also given me access to many private collections where I have viewed numerous models by other scratch builders, etc, etc. Sorry, I really don't mean to be or sound arrogant, just trying to give a little of my background, and show why I stand firmly by my statement about Olive being the best of the best.

There are a number of photos of some of Olive's models on my web site along with other builders. I have fairly extensive archives of much of his work (not shown on my site or anywhere) as well as those of some other builders. I was thinking that some day I'd really like to try to publish some sort of book or elaborate catalog showing these pieces that most collectors have never seen in person and will most likely never have the opportunity to, but time is always an issue....

If you want to see what's on my web site please ask Mike or someone here to provide you with my web address since I don't want to cause any problems by posting it here.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

george E.

Malawi
57 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  15:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I clicked on your id profile to see the wonderful website filled with all sorts of fun things to peruse.
Go to Top of Page

george E.

Malawi
57 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  15:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you see on Manuel Olvie Sans website where they offer a course for modellers and a club and everything. Isn't that fantastic!!?
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  16:54:27  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The web site for Manuel Olive Sans was put together a number of years ago and has never been updated. Unfortunately the course for modelers never happened and no services or tutorials are available. None of the products except for the book are available. There is a very slight chance that maybe some of the Gramophone models are available since I know that at one time Manuel had some inventory of them, but maybe not any longer? The Site was put together by Olive's son with money he received in the form of a government grant. Now that the money has been spent, they unfortunately offer nothing at all for collectors or modelers except for copies of the book, which is not very good. As a collector, I would still suggest buying a copy, but it is expensive for what you get. I was disappointed with it since I was working with Manuel to produce a book of his models and know how much better the book should have been.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  16:56:52  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
George, sorry to sound so negative, but I was heavily involved with Manuel and I was disappointed to see what happened with his family and the web site and the foundation that has faded.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

george E.

Malawi
57 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2010 :  17:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for letting us know. I was going to spring for the modelling course. I have a very old book with some pictures of some of his early models and early Brianza models as well. Will keep an eye out for more material.
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  03:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Manuel Olive Sans oevre is really impressive. Unfortunately, his website really isnt up to date. I never receivd any reply from them.

We have talked about books different times before in the old forum. Marshall, if you have the time somewhere in the future, I would be happy to see a book from you (you mentioned this in this forum before). But I know that a book on modelling is more a "hobby" project than a viable one. Hopefully we will see more book stuff in the future. Jacques Brauer should write a book on his work too, but thats for the time he has is willing to retire from modelling.

Mike, what is the state on the AMR book by the way?
Go to Top of Page

moriaan1

Netherlands
54 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  06:24:19  Show Profile  Visit moriaan1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fantastic section!
More and more artists are passing by.
Its very interesting to see how a "supermodel" takes shape.
The book Marshall made about building the "rosselini" Ferrari is
one I can surely recommend! Marshall, if you would decide to make another, reserve me a copy!

Besides the AMR book, there is a book being written about the work of Michele Conti. I have no idea when it will be available, but thats a book I would like to read!

Hans
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  18:44:07  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yup, I'd also love to see a book on Jacques Brauer models and other special builders. I'm also waiting for the AMR book.

My friend Oliver Strebel-Ritter over at World Collector is the fellow writing the book on Conti. He's been working on it for a long time now. Not sure when it will be published. All I do know is that it is late.

About writing and publishing books. Yes, a lot of great ideas and as everyone knows, a lot of work for very little return. So one has to somehow find the time, or make the time if there's a real passion.....

Well, Hans & Trossi, when I do eventually get to my next book, everyone here will know, but it will be a while, so don't hold your breath for it :-)

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

moriaan1

Netherlands
54 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2010 :  05:31:17  Show Profile  Visit moriaan1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most good thinks take time and patience..

Hans
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000