MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Large scale - 1/18, 1/12, etc.
 Ferrari Transporter Fiat RN2 Bartoletti 1957
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

F1-Wolfgang

Germany
1884 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  02:06:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I finally received my CMC Transporter, it was like having Christmas a week early for me.
What can I say, it is a very impressive model. There was so much said and written about that transporter before it became available. So I will skip that part!

Unpacking the model was so exciting, and there it was. The long waiting time is finally over. All I can say is; “It was defiantly worth it”.

CMC recommends to place those four plastic stands under the chassis. So that in time the tires will not get flat spots. The weight of the transporter is 4kg, about (8.8 pounds).
I defiantly mount four stands on that heavy model. But those plastic stands included are kind of ruin the looks of the displayed transporter.

Since CMC uses DIN tread, I used some threaded bolts I had available and mounted them in place of those black plastic stands. I may paint those 4 bolts black, have not decided yet.

Now it was time to place some CMC models on the Transporter. After that was completed,
a few photos of the loaded Transporter were taken.

Your commends on those regular plastic stands and the replaced bolts are welcome.

wolfgang

Fred Perez

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  17:50:54  Show Profile  Visit Fred Perez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh Boy.....do I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I to have waited and waited for this transporter.

You can use trasparent acrylic rod for the supports and try to locate them supporting the main chassis rails and behind the tires, they will be almost invisible, I plan to make a display base and case for mine and use this technick and fix the rodd permanetly in the wood base in the appropiate locations, I will put some self adhesive "felt/cloth" patch on the top of each rod so not to scracht the finish of the chassis....just my opinion and approach of course!!

That's a quite impressive display you got there, congratulations!!!

A World In Scale!
Go to Top of Page

F1-Wolfgang

Germany
1884 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  01:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Perez

Oh Boy.....do I WANT ONE OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I to have waited and waited for this transporter.

You can use trasparent acrylic rod for the supports and try to locate them supporting the main chassis rails and behind the tires, they will be almost invisible, I plan to make a display base and case for mine and use this technick and fix the rodd permanetly in the wood base in the appropiate locations, I will put some self adhesive "felt/cloth" patch on the top of each rod so not to scracht the finish of the chassis....just my opinion and approach of course!!

That's a quite impressive display you got there, congratulations!!!

A World In Scale!

Hi Fred,
That sounds like a good idea, having acrylic supports. One problem is, the rear axle is very complex, there is hardly any room for a good support. Front axle is fine.
You’re the only one so far, that came up with a great idea.

Hope you receive the Transporter soon, you defiantly will enjoy the model.

Merry Christmas to you………

wolfgang

Go to Top of Page

arthobald

France
32 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  10:30:30  Show Profile  Visit arthobald's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got mine too, with a sharknose, 0714TR and tge bix display box but... it will stay in the box for 6 more months or so, waiting for our house to be completed. And my personal room of course. So hard to wait!
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  10:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Maserati version will also be very nice. They announced a Maserati 300S this year. So there is more than one car to load on it
Go to Top of Page

Ferrari2006

Germany
352 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2012 :  22:23:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello Trossi, see P.M.

regards
Fred
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000