MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 New Project: AMR Ferrari 330 GTO 4 Litre

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeterW Posted - 04/15/2012 : 09:26:22
I am excited to start this new project. I will do both the Le Mans version [although it did not finish] and the Nurburgring version of Mike Parks that took first in it's class and second overall, the best performance for the car. One of each version is available as a curbside. Contact Mike for details. I am basing the series on the AMR Rep002 Nostalgia kit [still my favorite]and have pin-pointed some changes that will be made to the body to be as accurate as possible.

Here is some history and nice photos to absorb. The Cavallino article clarifies the fact that 3765 did indeed compete at the Nurburgring.

http://www.cavallino.com/3765article.html

http://www.cliffreuter.com/ferrari%20gto.htm

http://mydadsphotos.shendy.co.uk/motorsport/european-motorsport/nurburgring-1962/bw_c011_28/
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PeterW Posted - 01/15/2013 : 07:05:56
Dry fit of the body to the chassis prior to final detailing. Glass is only dry fit at this stage in one piece. It will be divide up and installed flush once the "tweaking" of the chassis to body is completed.

The rear glass "vent" is vac formed in place on the early AMR kits. This feature will be re-worked on the final version.

The radiator flap will also be installed once the two are permanently joined together.

This model is available for purchase. Please contact Mike for details if interested.
PeterW Posted - 12/08/2012 : 17:54:40
quote:
Originally posted by AltitudeAvenger

Incredible work as always. What engine are you using?

Renaissance ENG2 Ferrari GTO V12
AltitudeAvenger Posted - 12/08/2012 : 11:40:15
Incredible work as always. What engine are you using?
PeterW Posted - 12/07/2012 : 16:27:43
Fabricating the engine bay for the 4 litre "lump"

PeterW Posted - 11/30/2012 : 09:00:20
Assembly of the motor starts with a careful inventory of the parts…especially the injector stacks!

PeterW Posted - 11/18/2012 : 06:59:16
Updates and photos coming soon ;)
Blanchimont Posted - 11/17/2012 : 19:55:08
Hi Peter, how is this project going?
PeterW Posted - 07/20/2012 : 21:29:14
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari2006

Hello Peter, do you polish the window frames?? or they are painted in silver?

Regards, from Stuttgart
Fred

In this case I polished the frames. I do both techniques depending on the condition of the castings...some are too rough to work with so they must be painted.
Ferrari2006 Posted - 07/20/2012 : 20:49:49

Hello Peter, do you polish the window frames?? or they are painted in silver?

Regards, from Stuttgart
Fred
Blanchimont Posted - 07/20/2012 : 13:56:58
Great clear coat finish as usual.
Well done Peter.
PeterW Posted - 07/20/2012 : 10:23:12
Clearcoat applied and it's just perfect! On to assembly of the first model.

Blanchimont Posted - 07/18/2012 : 08:29:49
Fantastic Peter.
the.x.man Posted - 07/17/2012 : 23:30:21
Classy!!!

PeterW Posted - 07/17/2012 : 21:55:32
My new plaques are finished. Nickel Silver and Black. These will now take the place of the PLM-Studio plaques on my 6x6 presentation bases.
[photo from the manufacturer].

PeterW Posted - 07/17/2012 : 18:57:14
Final mods are complete and the base coat of paint and decals applied. Once the decals are fully dry the D flap portion of the nose decal will be carefully removed and transferred to the pe part. The flap will be operable along with the hood [bonnet]. Of course the model will boast a detailed engine bay.

Whenever the casting allows I prefer to polish the window frames as I did in this case.

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000