MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 BBR Quality...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
moriaan Posted - 05/18/2010 : 03:06:24
I don't want to be to picky, but lately, I got disapointed a few times with new BBR's...
250GT cabriolet wasn't built perfectly..(which Mike solved, thanks again!) The SP1 I got has a big drop of resin hanging from the roof inside the car. The displaycases have some staining due to bad molding.. Paint seems not to be as perfect as a few years back.
It only shows on regular production-models..

RGM's and Calsito's are good! (received several perfect models without any issues)

Is it me, or is BBR losing it because the production is growing to fast..

I would just like to make them aware..
Hans
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stas Posted - 06/22/2015 : 05:34:24
Hello Ferrario,

your collection if beautiful!
Topics like this one makes me want to less focus on BBRs. But collection like yours makes me crave every classic BBR I see :)
Thank you for your opinion and expertise.

Stas
Ferrario Posted - 06/21/2015 : 06:33:20
Hello Stas,

Have you seen my photos of BBR in the section personal collection?
I confirm that the BBR (250, 400, 410, etc ...) are made in Italy.
For me, the BBR models are very good quality, I have never had construction problems!!
Stas Posted - 06/20/2015 : 05:59:29
Hi,

reading this and a few similar threads again and again. As a novice, I'm very interested in opinions of the experts and collectors on this great forum.

I'm wondering, from your point of view, does the situation with quality of BBR changed since the last post was written here? Or does your attitude towards collecting BBRs and MRs changed?

From BBR's Ferrari models I'm interested in classic road cars, such as Lusso, 330 GT 2+2, 250 SWB, Superfast and others. Which are, according to the website made in Italy.. I do not have much BBR's of different periods yet to compare and make any statement.

Stas
David T. Posted - 05/30/2010 : 10:12:15
I have the best lifetime guarantee: I have no BBRs in my collection LOL.
moriaan Posted - 05/30/2010 : 09:33:37
Fred, you can use the "liftime guarantee certificate"!

ferrarianf1 Posted - 05/28/2010 : 18:20:57
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari2006

what shut i say....i send back my 2008 California, today i get a New Model from the Dealer.

Now the front and back Glass go up....

Congrats to your replacement!

But i think it's not so much about their after sales service. It gets irritating when they have the detail wrong. An example is the front wing of the Ferrari F2007. Imagine looking at the car and the first thing that strike you is the inaccurate front wing!
Ferrari2006 Posted - 05/28/2010 : 12:16:00

what shut i say....i send back my 2008 California, today i get a New Model from the Dealer.

Now the front and back Glass go up....

ferrari4evr1 Posted - 05/27/2010 : 13:28:16
One other incorrect model is BBR67PB Ferrari 500 Superfast. This actual car has grey interior, as also seen at the pebble beach concours.. The version that BBR made (BBR67PB) has tan interior!! How could they have missed that???!!
Sad :-(

http://www.barchetta.cc/All.Ferraris/by-serial-number/ferrari-by-serial-number/model-index-60-64/model-summary/500-superfast-index/index.html
ferrari4evr1 Posted - 05/27/2010 : 13:21:01
quote:
Originally posted by ferrarianf1

I think when we spend this much for a hand built, apart from quality, the model should be a least an accurate replica of the real car.

I have been watching this thread and i agree with a lot of you. It "seems" that BBR is more interested in making money and getting lots of models out there then the quality of them. This is my opinion but i have noticed that on some recent models, that badges are completely missing (where the real car has them) or incorrect badges are on the car (and the real car doesn't have them at all). In the beginning, this didn't bother me too much because i thought it was just a mistake (we all make them because we are all human) done at the factory.. However, it is getting more and more discouraging because i am seeing this issue arise, more and more.. I recently found a rare BBR67BC Ferrari 500 Superfast S/N 8897 Blackhawk collection car. I asked the collector if the rear windshield wiper accidently fell off and they replied, It was how they received it from the factory (The real car in the Blackhawk collection has the rear windshield wiper). Looking closely at the model, it doesnt seem like the wiper was there to begin with. Very sad if this was also missed on this beautiful model. I have to agree with a few of you and say that i am leaning more and more towards the vintage cars (older builds from many years ago) then i am the new ones anymore... Hopefully BBR or a representative for BBR, will see this thread and address any issues (if any) that may be contributing to quality or the realism these cars are supposed to represent..
ferrarianf1 Posted - 05/22/2010 : 21:11:11
I think when we spend this much for a hand built, apart from quality, the model should be a least an accurate replica of the real car.
250GTE Posted - 05/22/2010 : 16:57:43
Yes, 65 euro for a BBR is a pretty good deal. No I do not think they make great investments. In terms of high detailed handbuilts, modern BBR's are too mainstream. An easy find on Ebay and the likes.
smerfik24 Posted - 05/22/2010 : 15:14:53
So Guys, what shall we collect?

I am an Audi 1:43 collector for few years, my collection was base on civil die-cast models, I also aquired few Looksmart "S" models, but they are just DISAPOINTING. Windows detach from the model, it looks really ugly.
But what annoyed me last time was that I wanted to get rid of few die-cast cars and what I noticed is that they lost their value of about 30%. It is bad I think. I do no treat it like an investment, but it would be nice to aquire models which become rare and their value increase. While Minichamps Schuco Norev and so on just loose their value.

I now start to collect Ferrari handmade models. Well, financial reasons do not allow me to have such big collections as yours, but I already bought a first model - Ferrari F430 in red color, standard base, BBR. I found it for 65 EUR. You think it is OK?

Tell me if it is really worth to "invest" in modern Ferrari civil cars?

Piotr
ferrarianf1 Posted - 05/21/2010 : 05:50:57
Hi Guys,
Been following this wonderful forum since last year when i got my model from Mike.

Have a few issues with BBRs as well but only related to Ferrari F1s as they are my main theme. I notice some models are not really accurate,
F2002 Canada GP, winglets on front nose missing
248F1 Front wing not accurate
F2007 again wrong front wing!

A large portion of my collection are BBRs but since i realized the errors, have given up on them!
Trossi Posted - 05/20/2010 : 15:14:28
CMC has of course more resources to reach a higher production standard. The prices of course reflect the limitation numbers. CMC sells at least 10000 to 15000 pieces of each model. But the quality is outstanding: Moving parts, all kind of original materials and up to 2000 parts. It is hard to explain to an non-handbuilt collector why to buy a modern handbuilt like a BBR or Tecnomodel instead of a CMC model. Ever tried that?
Scaglietti Posted - 05/20/2010 : 13:40:50
With surprise I am reading the comments about BBR and the latest models.
I am a dutch collector of BBR models for 10 years now and I see that the quality may vary from year to year and model to model.

About the early BBR models I read many "romantic" stories. But for instance my early BBR12 (410SA) or BBR29 (250 GT Prince Bernhard) are not finished in a sophisticated way. Rough finish (paint), especially in the inside. The BBR51 (330GT 2+2) has been replaced now with a much better BBR227.

I do recognise the quality issues with the California (BBR213 and 214) made in China, but the two models I have from the 458 made in China are really OK.

Also the recent bought italian built models like BBR185 (375 Vignale Spider), BBR187 (275 GTB), BBR201 (250 LWB) and BBR221 (250SWB)are really OK.
Regarding the numerous color variations: Rainer Goetzke (RGM) is putting much effort in doing history search for a lot variations in colors and details. But always supported by history proof. This is resulting in many cases in a lot of interesting models, nice colors and details being really a joy for the eye and much nicer than the standard BBR pieces.

Regards
Marc

MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000