MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 need info on Ferrari 250 TR60
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  15:51:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

Just purchased this baby on Ebay. The seller doesn't know the manufacturer. No AMR or Le Phoenix. Does anyone else have any ideas? I haven't received the model yet, but I assume it is resin. I am thinking it is built from a Starter kit.

audifan

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2010 :  16:39:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Starter/Record,wheels look like Starter.Are the headlights solid resin,or clear covers?If they are solid clear resin,most likely Starter/Record.Thought it might be Renaissance,but his kits used clear plastic covers.

Starter had many details molded into the resin body,like fuel filler,spring clips on the engine cover,leather straps and buckles,other companies supplied photo etched/separate parts for these,although a good builder doing a Starter kit would remove the molded-in parts,and replace them anyway.......
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  02:50:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marnix,
It might be a limited edition by Nathan Beehl from the early 1990's,
or its made by CMA a.k.a. Marshall Buck.
Nathan can be reached on www.nathansferrarishop.co.uk
Marshall is right here!

Go to Top of Page

christian

Austria
443 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  03:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is a fantastic built STARTER kit
Go to Top of Page

ioannis

Greece
494 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  05:34:35  Show Profile  Visit ioannis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This excellent built on an old and rather modest kit (Starter?), gives the taste of the "old fine wine" to our hobby!

John
Go to Top of Page

Ferrari2006

Germany
352 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  07:41:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

i am the seller :-)

i dit not know that this was a Starter, buy anyway it is nice Build and rare.

Regards
Fred

PS: check your PM
Go to Top of Page

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  07:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fred, I should have known it was you. Small world! I will check my PM.

Thanks to all others posting their expert opinions. I think we can agree it is a Starter and, going from the picture, indeed a very nice built. I have some more of these Starters and I am really impressed by them, provided they are built to a decent level.
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  08:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starter never sold these models as factorybuilts.
I am certain its been built by another shop or company.

Hans
Go to Top of Page

audifan

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  09:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toward the end of the company,before the demise of the owner,ie before it was sold to/merged with Provence Moulage,Starter sold a large number of factory built-ups of many of their models,mainly all the LeMans winners,which included a model of this car,and their more interesting and popular models including many other Ferrari's.I doubt that this example is one of those cars remounted on a special base.

I don't know where or by whom they were built.They are seen on ebay quite often,and usually sell for about $85-$100. dollars,about their retail price when new.

They were built to a decent standard,about what a talented non-pro would build,and sometimes are a bargain-especially where the color scheme calls for multiple colors to be masked for painting,or where the decalling is complex.Some are exceptionally clean builds.I own a few of them myself.

They were mounted on a black plastic base,with a plastic cover in a cardboard box,(as seen in the examples below.

Some examples of these factory builts on ebay currently are #'s 190395708920,190395708969,120397123462,380008282588,380139537014,and #190395709018.

Edited by - audifan on 05/11/2010 09:43:28
Go to Top of Page

Models123

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  09:47:15  Show Profile  Visit Models123's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi 250GTE,

Yes, I know a lot about this series. They were produced by Nathan Beehl of Nathan's Studio in England. Nathan is a good friend of mine. The series name was "Signature Series." I worked with Nathan a little on the last car in his series and I used to have a complete set of all five cars, but sold them a few years ago. My set of all 5 had matching serial numbers. One of my customers made me an offer I couldn't refuse......well, I guess I could have, but it was a great offer/deal.

The first four models in this series were limited to 50 of each with the last model being limited to only 25. The Ferrari 250 TR pictured was the 2nd model in this series. Nathan tried to get Gendebien to autograph plaques for this, but he was turned down. The 250 TR was based on the Starter kit as others have mentioned. Nathan did have some new and additional parts made and added to each built model. All the models except for the last were mounted on the same style of acrylic base with same style plaques, and came in that red box shown in back of the model in your photo.

Here's the list of cars in the series:
1) Ferrari 250 SWB, 1961 Goodwood TT winner, autographed by Stirling Moss and Rob Walker.
2) Ferrari 250 TR shown in photo.
3) Jaguar C-Type, 1953 Le Mans winner, autographed by Tony Rolt and Duncan Hamilton. This one had the door posed open and was my favorite.
4) Maserati 250F, 1957 Nurburgring GP winner, autographed by Juan Manuel Fangio. This one came with a painted figure of Fangio in standing position.
5) Aston Martin AMR-1, Le Mans 1989, 11th overall. Autographed by Richard Williams, I think Mike Salmon, and one other person. There were Definitely 3 autographs on that one. I just don't remember on that one and can't find my notes at the moment. It was not autographed by all the drivers, but persons involved with the team..... This one had engine detail and a removed/open driver door, it also was on a larger base than the others and also came with a fitted acrylic cover.

Marshall
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  12:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yess!!! I knew I saw it before!

Great modell, great story Marnix!

Hans
Go to Top of Page

250GTE

Netherlands
295 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  13:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Marshall, that clears the mystery right up! Seems like a great addition to mu humble collection.

Thanks again for all your valued comments guys!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000