MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 The new BBR Ferrari 599 HY-KERS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  02:20:51  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess by now some of you have seen BBR's official pictures of their latest 599 model (BBR230).
Anyway, what do you think of the mirrored display base with the car canted over on jack stands? Personally, I think it is fantastic - something I hope to see more of in the future (and not just from BBR), especially on an older car with a far more intricate undercarriage...

ramapao69

Italy
512 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  02:54:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it's a beautiful idea!
Go to Top of Page

moriaan

Netherlands
510 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  03:21:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a nice modell, but i'll pass....

Ferrari making a hybrid!
Whats next.. a Pedalcar?

Hans
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  03:28:32  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wonder how securely the model is attached to the base? Obviously the screws go up into the 'jack stands' and I am guessing those are an integral part of the model's chassis plate. Hopefully BBR have done some sort of shock/bump testing, or a few of them may not make it to their collectors in one piece...

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  03:33:20  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by moriaan

Ferrari making a hybrid!
Whats next.. a Pedalcar?

I know, Hans, I sort of agree :o)
But... If they do not look to the future, maybe the kids of today will grow up and have little boys of their own - in a world where Ferraris do not exist anymore...

Ferrari2006

Germany
352 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:12:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hans, your my Man !!!
Go to Top of Page

360driver

Netherlands
454 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hate it. Not this BBR model, because this one is absolutely beautiful, but i hate the whole Hybrid-ferrari-thing.

Ferrari = breathtaking engine soundtracks and the smell of its fuel = emotion (at least to me)

Not buzzing like a bee out of control!
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of all the electromobility is idiotic. Just politics. I have read that if you consider the production process also, a Prius is worse for the environment than a Hummer SUV !!!

Besides that, small electronic vehicles for city use might make sense, but its ridiculous in sportscars - and extremely unsexy too. But hey, they have to do it this way to pass the strong rules regarding the fleet consumption in some states/ countries...
Go to Top of Page

360driver

Netherlands
454 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2010 :  10:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read indeed the same fact about the prius: because of its production it seems considered to be 2,5 more harmfull for the environment than the Hummer!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000