MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966

Last Two! Ford GT40 Mk.II Holman & Moody 24H Le Mans 1966 Lucien Bianchi/Mario Andretti. Brand New.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Special MiniWerks Projects (all scales)
 ScaleAutoArt /Mike Craig GTO R Sebring "Last Kit"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2015 :  16:08:16  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am building two examples of this in the Sebring livery based on the last kit by Mike Craig. One will be high detail and the other with engine detail. Please contact Mike for order information and lead time. Do not contact me directly.

Edited by - PeterW on 08/21/2015 08:52:10

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  14:12:59  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The high detail will now be one of the most detailed projects in 1/43 scale that I have attempted to date. After many hours spent with the MFH 1/12 GTO projects I have decided to do a similar presentation on at least one of the two kits. It will feature a removable body which will reveal a fully detailed and mostly scratch built chassis and drive train. The chassis will be constructed of brass and aluminum.

The kit:

The body is prepared for the new brass doors, bonnet, trunk, fuel filler flap and water flap. Once these are fabricated the body will be thinned to make it as light as possible.

Edited by - PeterW on 08/16/2015 14:14:19
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2015 :  17:58:02  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is going to be quite some undertaking, Peter - and an extremely interesting project to watch :o)

the.x.man 1:43
Go to Top of Page

jeanpaul

France
149 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  14:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice project Peter

JP
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  16:19:27  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeanpaul

Nice project Peter

JP

Thanks ;)
Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  16:23:15  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The fun begins...

A bit rough at this stage but ready for refinements and brass panels. Then on to the scratch built chassis.

Go to Top of Page

jeanpaul

France
149 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  23:48:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weight Watchers
Go to Top of Page

gege

France
128 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  11:00:47  Show Profile  Visit gege's Homepage  Reply with Quote
whaou interesting project !!!!
Go to Top of Page

F1tommy

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2015 :  08:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great but wouldn't the BBR model be a better base as it has photoetch window frames?(although the BBR body needs some modification). I admit I am not a fan of Esprit 43.

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  17:41:01  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote

A resin body won't work in this application [at least not for me]. I prefer the metal...much more workable. The window frames will most likely be made of brass and nickel plated. I haven't made that decision yet.

quote:
Originally posted by F1tommy

Looks great but wouldn't the BBR model be a better base as it has photoetch window frames?(although the BBR body needs some modification). I admit I am not a fan of Esprit 43.

Go to Top of Page

PeterW

USA
1216 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2015 :  17:56:49  Show Profile  Visit PeterW's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000