MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 Self-built Models
 Ferrari 250 GTO Model Factory Hiro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daniel

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  01:07:47  Show Profile  Visit daniel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is my last finished model...finished some time ago.
I received a lot of usefull infors from forum members regarding colors etc. thanks !

I'm not sure about this build, on the one hand the conversion is very good as was extremely difficult but I'm very unhappy with the overall finish but this a mostly because of the immense fit problems I had with the kit, anyway here are some pics

here's the build report, as you can see the modifications are heavy.

thanks for looking

daniel
-germany-

daniel

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  01:08:55  Show Profile  Visit daniel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.modellboard.net/index.php?topic=27674.0

here's the link to the build again, hope it works

daniel
Go to Top of Page

noelsairplanes

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  06:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daniel,

It's very obvious that you put a tremendous amount of time into this build. My model, done by Laurent Tay, doesn't have opening doors or trunk lid and he also indicated there were many fit problems during construction. When you state that you're very unhappy with the overall finish, what are you specifically referring to? I don't see anything obvious in your photos.
Go to Top of Page

daniel

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2010 :  11:12:54  Show Profile  Visit daniel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I judge my models from 2mm distance, so I see everything that isn't perfect. The frontwindow fits terrible, the window surrounds are not good enough..but what bothers me the most are some paint defects, cracks in the clear (last pic, on the rearfender right under the fuelfiller)...I guess I handled the fragile body to hard while sanding.
I removed so much resin that the body was thin and fragile.

daniel
Go to Top of Page

noelsairplanes

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  06:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daniel, in spite of your unhappiness with this model, a valiant effort!
Go to Top of Page

vova43

Russia
186 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  07:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daniel, don't worry!
It's great achievement. In spite of some small inaccuracies, I can only dream about such high quality of painting and assembling. To say nothing about total reworked of the model.
Vladimir

Edited by - vova43 on 09/22/2010 07:22:17
Go to Top of Page

Fred Perez

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2010 :  10:38:04  Show Profile  Visit Fred Perez's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....I find your GTO BEAUTIFUL!!

99.9% of the time the builder of a dificult and reworked model like this will not be fully satisfied because he always will feel that he could have done better, is that drive to almost perfection that give us this amazing models by great modelers like you, again beautiful Ferrari GTO.

A World In Scale!
Go to Top of Page

360driver

Netherlands
454 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2010 :  09:41:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did a great job on this GTO! I don't see myself doing the same. Now because of my defect in my left hand it is not a suprise but even if it were good, I still wouldn't have the patience to put it together teh way you did!

Two big thumbs up!

Congratz with the build!

mark

Edited by - 360driver on 09/26/2010 09:42:19
Go to Top of Page

stewil

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2010 :  18:42:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daniel,
That is one extra fine build - well done.
Apologies not needed however I was curious as to what you were unhappy with.
Some American Indian craftsmen often build a flaw into anything they create. Yours (like theirs)
is really not noticeable, but it keeps the "great creator" happy because you are humble.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
Steve

Edited by - stewil on 09/28/2010 18:42:55
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000