MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 Do these cars exists as proper kits?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  08:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fellow collectors, I would like to know if these cars exist as proper 1/43rd kits in a good quality - white metal preferred:

- Volkswagen Bus (Type 2 known as the "Samba" bus)

- 1966 Ford Mustang convertible (or the Bullit Mustang maybe...)

- 1968 Dodge Charger

Thank you!

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2011 :  16:38:14  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have never seen a VW bus as a 1/43 scale kit. Be very cool to have one, though!

Precision Miniatures did a 1965 Mustang (see John's one by GT1 Factory), Western Models did a 1968 convertible (WMS80), and Trajectoire did a pre-painted 1968 GT390 from "Bullitt".

SMTS did a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (BO4a), and a 1968 Challanger R/T TransAm (BO4b). Trajectoire also did a pre-painted 1968 R/T 440 Charger from "Bullitt" .

However, all those kits a pretty old now (and mostly impossible to find), so their quality is not exactly wonderful by today's standards.

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2011 :  05:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, Jonathan! The chances of getting a kit of those models seem to be very small. At least some of them seem to exist obviously. I remeber Johns project - he posted some WIP pictures in the old forum as far as I remember and I liked it.

Regarding the VW Samba Bus it is sad that it hasnt been done yet. It is an extremely popular car I guess, not matter if someone is into Porsches, Ferrari or whatever. I could imagine it would find its buyers, but the chances its being realized in times when even a 250 series Ferrari kit isnt a guaranteed seller re very low. Sad.
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  17:09:31  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jade Miniatures have just released a 1966 Dodge Charger road car, both as a kit and built.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000