MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 New Shin Collection Website
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  19:26:44  Show Profile
If anyone hears from Shin, please contact me first. Thank you, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  08:10:04  Show Profile
I learned that Shin is using a new id on ebay, r8roadster , so I sent a message through ebay 2 days ago and still no reply. You can follow this link and see that he is currently active, most recent activity was yesterday. He is obviously receiving messages and choosing not to respond, bizarre behavior. What I don't understand is why someone who is clearly gifted and a rising talent in this hobby, why he would jeapardize his reputation. He can only be successful in this business if customers trust him and I would suggest he is losing trust very rapidly. I received another email this morning from a customer who sent a large deposit and then replies stopped. Be very careful if you plan to deal directly with Shin, very sad. Here is a link to his ebay feedback, you can contact him through the contact member link. Mike
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=r8roadster&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  09:52:41  Show Profile
In fact he charges the full amount in advance (!) for his kits and I guess most of his seriously interested customers have trusted him on this because he has a very high reputation as a modeller and through the cooperation with miniwerks he was someone who seemed to be reliable. I am not the kind of person who likes to wash someones dirty laundry in public, but this is simply a bad behavior.

Edited by - Trossi on 01/13/2011 09:54:57
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  10:36:47  Show Profile
It makes no sense to me, Shin has been very trustworthy and I don't want to suggest that he cannot be trusted now but this is the first time he has neglected to respond not only to me but others. I only bring it to everyone's attention so that people proceed with caution. I sincerely hope there is a valid reason for his lack of response but given that he clearly shows recent ebay activity, he is capable of responding and has no doubt received everyone's emails. I hope for a positive resolution and look forward to seeing his future work soon. The Porsche 993 was supposed to be ready almost 2 months ago, Shin was going to send pictures back in November. That was the last time he replied. Our last email exchange was November 8, he was going to fix a white Ferrari F50 I sent to him. He replied on the 8th that he would fix the model and "send next week". I also do not like to air dirty laundry in public but if someone will not act professionally, "shining light" on them can sometimes get the desired result. I have tremendous respect for Shin and only wish him well but I will not let this go. He has two very expensive models in his possession now that belong to two of my clients, I owe it to each of them to stay on this.
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2011 :  11:35:32  Show Profile
I totally agree with you Mike. For you it is even more difficult...
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  08:32:52  Show Profile
I have received another email from a customer who has sent significant money and a very expensive kit to Shin and no replies. I think it is safe to say, do not send any money to Shin until we determine the reason for his non-responsive behavior.
Go to Top of Page

LQDA4

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2011 :  18:11:47  Show Profile
IIRC, he lives (or used to) in Southern CA?
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  06:29:06  Show Profile
Yes, he was in Pasadena but now has an LA address. I have sent a letter by mail as well. As of today, I am aware of at least $10K worth of payments and models in his possession and he has not responded to any of the customers involved.
Go to Top of Page

ferrari4evr1

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  06:55:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrarinut

Yes, he was in Pasadena but now has an LA address. I have sent a letter by mail as well. As of today, I am aware of at least $10K worth of payments and models in his possession and he has not responded to any of the customers involved.

It's a shame that there are incredible model makers out there who are great and model building but bad at business... Didn't Andre-Marie Ruf (AMR) suffer the same fate?
Go to Top of Page

LQDA4

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2011 :  09:05:45  Show Profile
Very unwise to burn bridge and ruin your reputation like that. Don't forget that it's impossible to disappear in this information age.

Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  11:45:04  Show Profile
I am worried for Shin, if he does not come forward soon and address many of the concerns from customers, he will never make it in this hobby. The business/customer service side is just as important as the skill side of this business. News will spread so quickly. Just imagine the doubt already created by his own actions and inaction. He already has a long road to repair and the longer he ignores customers who have sent payments, the longer it will take him to recover. I hope he can do the right thing, I was looking forward to Shin becoming one of the top builders in the World, he has such potential.
Go to Top of Page

fraktal

Jamaica
16 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  16:06:36  Show Profile
With no news of Shin his rare factory build will take some value money.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  20:37:10  Show Profile
Actually the value of his previous models could decline in value. There will be a negative stigma attached to the "brand" that it his name. It has happened with others. Shin is making such an enormous mistake, it defies logic. This is his future assuming this is where he wanted to go. Maybe he has changed his mind? No idea. I do know what he is doing is very questionable and could lead to legal problems. He should be very careful. Taking money over the internet for goods promised and not delivering is mail fraud, a federal offense, not something to take lightly. If even one customer decides to persue legal and/or law enforcement action, he will have a hard time defending his position. It is so stupid. He is a very smart young man, I just can't believe he is jeopardizing his bright future so carelessly.
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  23:26:30  Show Profile
It is indeed a difference if you just dont answer a mail or if you dont answer a mail from someone who has sent you money or a kit. Shin cant be that stupid that he doesnt realize that his behaviour can have legal consequences...

I am sure he must have seen this thread. It is not to late to find a way out of this situation. Just do something!
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  07:32:26  Show Profile
These are the two email addresses from his website. Maybe one of you guys can get through to him.

aabugatti@hotmail.com

aabugatti@gmail.com

Or you can find him on ebay under user id "r8roadster"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000