MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 New Shin Collection Website
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2011 :  14:12:29  Show Profile
Received another email today from a customer who purchased a kit from Shin and never received it, then noticed Shin sold an identical kit on ebay again. I think there have been enough victims coming forward through emails to me that it is clear, nobody should send money to Shin under any circumstances and it may be time to get law enforcement involved. Personally I think I can take him to small claims court for the F50 model he has in his possession. I can prove this.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2011 :  17:11:48  Show Profile
Sadly received another email today from a customer who sent $1500 and received no replies. If I add up all of the money Shin has received, he is getting into an area that could mean serious legal consequences.

I have yet to receive a single email from anyone who has dealt with Shin in the last 3 months and actually received something for their payment.
Go to Top of Page

Performance

Netherlands
87 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  01:38:42  Show Profile
Some month's ago I received 2 kits of McLaren F1 street version from Sin. But that is a long time ago, it was on the day that Sin Collection Website is launched.

I followed the messages. Really very annoying for the people who bought models or kits from Sin.

Never drive faster than your guadrian angel!
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2011 :  08:21:11  Show Profile
Check ebay item #130472128455. This was Shin's listing. Scroll down to Questions & Answers. Shin replied to a customer asking about combined shipping. The date is January 7th. Clearly he has been online and checking his auctions this month.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2011 :  19:59:39  Show Profile
Still no replies from Shin to me or any other customer who has sent emails to me. DO NOT under any circumstances send money to Shin for kits or built models. Time to get law enforcement and attorneys involved sadly.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  11:26:29  Show Profile
Just checked Shin's ebay id again and see that he has now started to ruin his new ebay id with his first negative feedback that will no doubt scare off any future bidders. Not looking good. I wonder if he is going back to South Korea and giving up his dream.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=r8roadster&ftab=AllFeedback
Go to Top of Page

LQDA4

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  12:23:32  Show Profile
I hope all whom he owes money will take him to small claim court (a rather simple process). Don't let this joker get away with the loot.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  13:05:05  Show Profile
I sent my paypal account manager an email asking for advice how to proceed with an investigation through paypal. I think there are enough victims now and the dollar amount is significant so it may warrant police and/or FBI involvement.
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  18:31:18  Show Profile
I went through this same experience with a builder 6 years ago; ending up with a small claims court case filed. Please remember that even if you win in small claims court, you still have to force the defendant to pay you. That would be another lawsuit trying to track his assets down.
Go to Top of Page

ModelJunkie

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2011 :  21:47:58  Show Profile
I bought a Piranha Mini Cooper kit from him in June via eBay but didnt know it was Shin. Transaction was fine, I am in SoCal also so it arrived in a couple days without any communication necessary. Such a disappointment, I was really hoping to add one of his creations to my collection one day. Once trust is violated even for a smallish sum of money it is very difficult to regain, at the levels he has allegedly hung up he could definitely be looking at real trouble. The sophistication and means of high end clients will combine to regain money and principle.
Go to Top of Page

Mack

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  04:40:37  Show Profile
That was my hope as well one day.
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  14:45:34  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage
Me too.
I have a heap of photos on my computer of Shin's models and I often look at them, wishing I had one of my own.

This entire situation is just so very sad - such a huge waste of talent.

David

109 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  16:46:38  Show Profile
I wish I hadn't resold the blue Cobra I had bought from Mike - actually I hoped to get a version I liked more but it was a bad choice. What a pity.
Go to Top of Page

the.x.man

New Zealand
877 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  18:26:59  Show Profile  Visit the.x.man's Homepage
That "Super Snake" was certainly stunning, but personally I prefer the polished one he built before that.

David

109 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  18:43:33  Show Profile
I would have loved a more traditional blue car with double stripe but I will never have it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000