MiniWerks

Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World

Latest Models

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White

One Only! Lexus LFA Tokyo Motor Show 2009 Whitest White. Limited edition #39/80 as shown. Brand new.

» See more...

Welcome to MiniWerks Online!

The focus here is representing high–end 1/43 scale handbuilt models from the World’s top brands, as well as pieces from internationally renowned independent builders.

Mike McCormick signature

MiniWerks Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
 All Forums
 General
 1/43 scale Handbuilt Models
 New Shin Collection Website
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2011 :  20:45:02  Show Profile
I emailed Shin today explaining that he is in very deep water now but it is not too late to come forward and do the right thing. I offered to help restore his name and trust in the community as best I could but told him he must start by at least communicating. That was early today, still nothing. He must be very desperate for some reason. Even if he gets away with a mere $10K, he is ruined forever as a trusted builder, I just can't believe he is staying in hiding and seems to have no problem taking money from good people. Makes no sense, this is not the Shin I met and got to know.
Go to Top of Page

Michael B.

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  00:36:37  Show Profile
I am the "new" owner of the Super Snake. Really an fantastic model, thank you David ;-)))
I wish also to buy more from Shin, but not under this circumstances.
Really a shame!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  17:47:52  Show Profile
No reply from Shin regarding my offer to help him out of this situation. Safe to say he does not care and is willing to throw away his future. How can someone with so much talent and such a bright future throw it all away for what represents nothing in the grand scheme of things? At this point I have to question his mental state, no right-minded person would do something so self-destructive. This guy needs help well beyond my capability, hope he finds it but at this point LAPD and FBI have been contacted. Good luck Shin, you made your bed, time to sleep in it.
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2011 :  20:34:38  Show Profile
Another victim, this time on ebay.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=r8roadster&ftab=AllFeedback
Go to Top of Page

LQDA4

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  06:08:18  Show Profile
I don't own any of his pieces but this bizarre behavior makes me wonder (especially in the age of Bernie Madoff...) is he really the builder?
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2011 :  08:58:48  Show Profile
Some of you have met him when Mike organised a "meeting" at the home of a fellow forum member miurasv (?). Would be interesting to know which your impresion of him was.
Go to Top of Page

Mazmatt

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  01:24:02  Show Profile
he just doesn't have the mo of a scammer - when someone turns bad like this so abruptly after years of great work and a long list of admirers the truth is likely to be a lot more tragic. Life is not all roses
Go to Top of Page

Trossi

232 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  06:56:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mazmatt

he just doesn't have the mo of a scammer - when someone turns bad like this so abruptly after years of great work and a long list of admirers the truth is likely to be a lot more tragic. Life is not all roses

That was also my first thought, but why his ebay activity, why the stop of communication after he received payments?
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  11:32:10  Show Profile
Just spoke to my PayPal account manager regarding Shin and his account. She confirmed his account is already under investigation and is limited, he can no longer receive payments. This is an important step and should at least prevent further fraud. For those who already sent payments to Shin via PayPal, she encouraged each of you to log complaints with PayPal so it will be recorded as part of the investigation. She also recommended that each of you follow up with your bank to see if there may be any way to reverse payments, perhaps some of you used a credit card as backup funding source.
Go to Top of Page

C90016T

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  11:42:36  Show Profile  Visit C90016T's Homepage
SOP for PayPal...they always limit access when a chargeback is in process. They are basically a useless company if you are trying to resolve an issue. I had an eBay parts company scam me on a car part and because I did not have the proper tracking info he got away with my money, and the part! And they had many complaints similar to mine from the same seller. Not only that, they are owned by eBay...conflict of interest anyone ? !!
Go to Top of Page

LQDA4

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  14:46:03  Show Profile
A bit O/T... I always use credit card as the primary source of payment on Paypal (as far as I know my CC is not owned by eBay/PP yet). At least I have a good number to call and log a dispute, instead of being at the mercy of paypal. I never pay using available fund in my bank account.

Also keep in mind when you log a dispute with PP, they will also limit your account. Had a dispute a while ago - it was a big hassle to get them to unlock it.

Edited by - LQDA4 on 01/31/2011 14:49:41
Go to Top of Page

Ferrarinut

USA
1489 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2011 :  18:02:43  Show Profile
PayPal always favors the buyer and their system is very automated, no actual human beings get involved in the process, it's pathetic. You would think that a seller who generates over $1MM through their system a year (me) would warrant some attention and I still get burned if I can't prove a parcel was delivered when the buyer chose first class mail knowing there is no tracking service and all risk on his side. Well, PayPal still rules in the buyers' favor. Using a credit card as backup funding source is a smart way to go, your credit card company will be far more useful than PP (Pathetic Paypal).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MiniWerks :: Fine Handbuilt Models from around the World :: Contact MiniWerks :: MiniWerks on eBay © 2014 Mike McCormick. All rights reserved   Go To Top Of Page

Snitz Forums 2000